Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: This weekends NFL Playoffs [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
This week? My team isn't playing this week. :-)

Will anyone be able to stop the Falcons?

Yep, the Falcons. Here's a preview of their game plan

Turns out, Seattle used this plan themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: This weekends NFL Playoffs [SpencerDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpencerDC wrote:
mck414, how 'bout a little optimism!?!

I think you can be a little more confidant in their D than assuming it's going to be carved up. Just last week the Lions didn't even cross the 35 yard line much less get a touchdown. Yes, the loss of Earl hurts but they still have Kam, Sherm, two of the Best linebackers in all of football and a D-line full of stars. Ryan will get his but our D will have their moments as well. Also remember the week they played them earlier in the season. They came in as the toast of the league having just shredded everything in their path. Seahawks dominated 3 quarters of that game missing Kam, Frank Clark, CJ Prosise, Thomas Rawls and Bennett for much of the second half.

I get why they are favored and they are an AWESOME offense but if they do win, they are going to have to earn it. I'll even give you a little insider info as my wife is the Seahawks CFO and having just talked with her, she says the locker room is better than it's been all year and they are all focused like a laser beam. She'll be flying to the game with the team so I'll be interested to hear how the vibe is on the plane Thursday!

Cool write up. How was the mood on the return flight?

I knew this game was going to come down to who made the least amount of mistakes. Seattle just had too many errors that prevented them from making a comeback. Atlanta was firing on pretty much all cylinders.
Quote Reply
Re: This weekends NFL Playoffs [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recoverie wrote:
mck414 wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
This week? My team isn't playing this week. :-)

Will anyone be able to stop the Falcons?

Yep, the Falcons. Here's a preview of their game plan

Turns out, Seattle used this plan themselves.

Despite SpencerDC's best attempts to increase my optimism, I still entered into watching the game expecting the given outcome.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: This weekends NFL Playoffs [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blount was recovering from a flu or similar problem, that is why he didn't get ball. Malcomb Mitchell been out with knee will probably be back, he is becoming a Brady favorite.Also Amandola will probably be in better shape. Dion Lewis coming back to full form now adding White, NE weapons should open things up more for Brady. Defense already solid.
Quote Reply
Re: This weekends NFL Playoffs [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Recoverie,

Thanks for asking. I really wish I could say more about some of the conversations that go on both before and after the games as it really can be fascinating at times. This was no different and there is a lot going on with the team and how they are going to proceed. Some tough decisions this off season. So while it was understandably subdued, the reality is that they played a great team and a team that played almost flawless offense. They are so sharp and just don't make many mistakes. They are going to be a tough out for anyone. That said, there is still a lot of optimism in the organization for both next year and beyond.

As a football fan, I will really be interested in watching them play GB next week. What a fun match up! Of course, we all love Dan Quinn so would love to see him get to the Super Bowl as a head coach.

Finally, mck414...sorry your fears were realized but hang tough, there is a lot more good football coming from the Seahawks in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: This weekends NFL Playoffs [SpencerDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're welcome, Spencer. Yeah, any loss is bound to subdue the team's morale. Yes, tough decisions this off season. I understand there were many factors that led to Seattle's loss. It wasn't just one thing. The penalties that caused those two huge drives to get called back. Then the safety, followed by that interception. Then, Wilson overthrew the ball in the end zone. It all added up to not having enough time to come back. Atlanta was pretty much flawless. If Seattle had tightened some things up, there's no doubt they would have won.

I learned they have a lot of new players on the offensive line. So, there's that working against them. They haven't had a lot of time together. So, mistakes are bound to happen. Then the injuries. I'm sure Earl's absence was felt. But, Seattle seems pretty deep with the talent. Considering their hot and cold season, I'm thrilled to see they got past the first round in the playoffs. They have a great coach in Carroll, imo. They just need to tighten some things up, stop the infighting and the penalties, invest more time in that offensive line, and play consistent week to week. There's no reason why they couldn't make several more SB runs with the talent they have right now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next