Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Took the middle son to the range today
Quote | Reply
Treated my 12-year old son (middle one) to his first indoor range. Other than a few jams, he had a blast shooting the 22 plinkster. I offered to let him shoot the two 9mm's I had with me and he declined. When I asked if he wanted to shoot the AR-15, he said "oh, heck no!" It was probably better because I spent 20 minutes with the range master trying to reposition the takedown pin spring that had somehow become loose and bent. We finally got it back together, but I only had enough time to run about 80 rounds through to make sure it worked. I had hoped to get it sighted, since it shoots down left.
Quote Reply
Re: Took the middle son to the range today [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What .22 and what 9 mms?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Took the middle son to the range today [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
What .22 and what 9 mms?

The Mossberg 802 Plinkster is a great little gun for his age. I originally got it for my oldest, but he would rather shoot the 9mm and AR-15. I think the jamming on the .22 was due to him not loading the magazine properly (it is finicky).

My conceal carry is a 9mm Taurus PT111, which I also have a second one that I keep in rotation. I am not at all a gun geek - all I care is that the gun fits my small hands, doesn't have a huge kick, doesn't jam, and doesn't cost me an arm or spleen. A buddy of mine who went with us just bought a Sig Sauer P229 and paid $960. I pointed out to him that he could have bought 3 of my guns and still had enough leftover for ammo.
Quote Reply
Re: Took the middle son to the range today [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't blame him for not wanting to shoot the 9 mm. I assume that, at 12 years old, he still has smaller hands. While the Taurus likely "fits" him, some of those smaller guns are harsher to shoot. The wifie has a Walther PPS. It fits her perfectly, but, I don't enjoy shooting it at all b/c the little bugger "bites" my hand. My (adult) daughter is tiny like her momma. She hates the PPS and always picks my Glock 17 when we go to the range.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply