Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

La La Land, anyone seen it?
Quote | Reply
just wondering....
Quote Reply
Re: La La Land, anyone seen it? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Surprised how much I liked it. Wasn't as much of a musical as I feared. A good story with a bunch of pretty people.
Quote Reply
Re: La La Land, anyone seen it? [Bleucheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like more Self Serving Hollywood trash to me. Most of America seems to think so to. But I guess it broke even and even made some money.

As of December 28, 2016[update], La La Land has grossed $22.2 million in the United States and Canada and $17.7 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $39.9 million, against a production budget of $30 million.[3]
La La Land began its theatrical release with a limited release in five theaters in Los Angeles and New York City on December 9. It made $881,104 in its opening weekend, giving the film a per-theater average of $176,221, the best average of the year.[52][53][54] In its second week of limited release, the film expanded to 200 theaters and grossed $4.1 million, finishing 7th at the box office. It was an increase of 366% from the previous week and good for and a per-theater of $20,510.[55] The following week, the film expanded to 734 theaters, grossing $5.7 million over the weekend, and finishing 8th at the box office.[56]

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: La La Land, anyone seen it? [Bleucheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bleucheese wrote:
Yes. Surprised how much I liked it. Wasn't as much of a musical as I feared. A good story with a bunch of pretty people.

I have not seen it because it is a musical. Do they sing the whole time like Evita?
Quote Reply
Re: La La Land, anyone seen it? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Bleucheese wrote:

I have not seen it because it is a musical. Do they sing the whole time like Evita?

The singing every line bit like the Les Mis movie is a deal breaker. Hopefully they have songs and talk otherwise the Mrs. is on her own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Waiting for gheydar to post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw it and liked it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife and daughter went and hated it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard it was across the culdesac from Lunch Lady Land.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply