Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brett Bielema still sucks!
Quote | Reply
Arkansas was up 21-0 over Virginia Tech at half time. Then, Brett Bielema happened. VT is now up 35-24 with 6:41 left in the Berk Bowl.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ain't it cool.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only win in the most overrated so far this bowl season is MSU over Miami ..... of Ohio by one point.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
The only win in the most overrated so far this bowl season is MSU over Miami ..... of Ohio by one point.

As you noted, the Mighty, mighty SEC is 1-4. SEC, SEC, SEC!! Getting dropped by powerhouses like NC State and USF. "The best game, in the best conference . . . " Oh, wait, never mind, need a new tv tag line. Hope it continues.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
windywave wrote:

As you noted, the Mighty, mighty SEC is 1-4. SEC, SEC, SEC!! Getting dropped by powerhouses like NC State and USF. "The best game, in the best conference . . . " Oh, wait, never mind, need a new tv tag line. Hope it continues.

If Washington didn't suck so bad Alabama would be getting bounced this week
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep you lose to that Tech team you suck

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, Justin Fuente has earned the respect of a lot of diehard Beamer fans. I even read on an alumni forum several people say that Beamer couldn't have pulled off that comeback.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they played good the last two games but I believe we could have seen a repeat of September 11, 2010 had those two teams played this year

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's just short memory, but I don't recall Beamer's teams ever doing much in come-backs. Only one that I can recall is when Vick led them against W.Va. Maybe Druckenmiller's team had a couple. My over-generalization is that when Beamer's teams got down, they stayed down. Beamer would start whining, and never recovered. That, and his completely unimaginative offenses, are my long-term and only complaints about Beamer. Otherwise, solid coach. And I've been really pleased with what I've seen from Fuentes. His teams have resilience. And it seems like the offensive schemes are creative. I sincerely doubt Beamer would have gotten 10 wins this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can we possibly have a thread about Arky at the Belk Bowl and fail to shine a light on this gem? It's like another Onion headline in real life...

SportsChannel8‏@SportsChannel8
Arkansas’ Jeremy Sprinkle is suspended for trying to shoplift from Belk at the Belk Bowl where the bowl gift is a gift card to Belk.
  • RETWEETS7,136[/url]
  • LIKES7,238[/url]
1:10 PM - 29 Dec 2016
177 replies7,136 retweets7,238 likes

More
http://www.espn.com/...-arkansas-razorbacks
Last edited by: OneGoodLeg: Dec 30, 16 14:18
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [Hokiebird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have been clearer. Yes Beamer never pulled off any significant comebacks that I can think of.

Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were $450 gift cards given to all the players!

We need to pay these guys so they do not need to resort to shoplifting to make ends meet ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
windywave wrote:

It did not (continue).

Big Ten Conference
Record: 3-7

Southeastern Conference
Record: 6-5
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mr. mike wrote:
chriskal wrote:
windywave wrote:

It did not (continue).

Big Ten Conference

Southeastern Conference

6 -6. I'm not sure that validates the hyperbole
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
mr. mike wrote:
chriskal wrote:
windywave wrote:

It did not (continue).

Big Ten Conference

Southeastern Conference

To be fair, the 3-7 Big Ten record included my MN Gophers barely winning over The Little Sisters of the Poor.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [TropicPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TropicPlace wrote:
chriskal wrote:
mr. mike wrote:
chriskal wrote:
windywave wrote:

It did not (continue).

Big Ten Conference

Southeastern Conference

To be fair, the 3-7 Big Ten record included my MN Gophers barely winning over The Little Sisters of the Poor.

And Wisconsin beating Directional Michigan, barely. The Big 10/11/14 laid an egg. Proudly led by my Buckeyes and capped off with an epic collapse by the Fighting Pedophiles.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

And Wisconsin beating Directional Michigan, barely. The Big 10/11/14 laid an egg. Proudly led by my Buckeyes and capped off with an epic collapse by the Fighting Pedophiles.

Yep. It was a terrible showing. But, at least Bucky won and the Nasty Lions gave a game to one of the hottest teams in the country. Based on those performances, along with the lack of showing of THE Ohio State High School, one sure could argue that a team that cannot even make the conference championship game has no business being in the playoffs ...

Just sayin' ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
j p o wrote:

Yep. It was a terrible showing. But, at least Bucky won and the Nasty Lions gave a game to one of the hottest teams in the country. Based on those performances, along with the lack of showing of THE Ohio State High School, one sure could argue that a team that cannot even make the conference championship game has no business being in the playoffs ...

Just sayin' ...

I've always said if you aren't conference champion how can you be national champion. So if PSU had gone over OSU I wouldn't have argued.

But you were arguing for FSU and USC, neither of which won their conference, not PSU.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Bielema still sucks! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
JSA wrote:
j p o wrote:

Just sayin' ...

I've always said if you aren't conference champion how can you be national champion. So if PSU had gone over OSU I wouldn't have argued.

But you were arguing for FSU and USC, neither of which won their conference, not PSU.

I'm still arguing for FSU and USC. I am not arguing for a requirement that a team win its conference, just pointing out the fallacy of OSU making it ...

Quote Reply