Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

verizon wireless
Quote | Reply
The issues I am having with Verizon have gone from comic to tragic. 10+ hours spent trying to fix their billing mistakes so far. Does anybody have a contact for somebody in a position of authority there who might give a crap and be able to help?
Quote Reply
Re: verizon wireless [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping your's is a one-off, because I just took a look at our bill and it is $80 higher than it should be (no data overage). My wife supposedly got a "deal" whilst at Best Buy on Black Friday - walked out with an S7 and S7 Edge, where the phones would cost $5 and $8 for a year, plus $800 in Best Buy gift cards. The Best Buy guy claimed it wouldn't change the bill.
Quote Reply
Re: verizon wireless [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
I'm hoping your's is a one-off, because I just took a look at our bill and it is $80 higher than it should be (no data overage). My wife supposedly got a "deal" whilst at Best Buy on Black Friday - walked out with an S7 and S7 Edge, where the phones would cost $5 and $8 for a year, plus $800 in Best Buy gift cards. The Best Buy guy claimed it wouldn't change the bill.

Your wife went to BB and got two phones, which combined, cost roughly $1,300 AND $800 in gift cards and she thought it wouldn't change the bill?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Quote Reply
Re: verizon wireless [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure, I know a lot of people recommend posting on the companies facebook page or use some sort of social media.

If it helps, I just switched to sprint, saving myself $10 a month and got a buy one get one free on Samsung galaxy 7 (non blowing up kind) .

I was with Verizon for 14 years so it was hard to break away but they didn't seem to care about keeping my business.
Quote Reply
Re: verizon wireless [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:

Your wife went to BB and got two phones, which combined, cost roughly $1,300 AND $800 in gift cards and she thought it wouldn't change the bill?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It happens. My friend did the same thing, paid with his best buy credit card, then used the gift cards to pay off his cc bill.

He got new phones and his bill is now CHEAPER than before he "bought" 2 new phones.

Ms veganerd bought a new phone from t mobile a month ago, (financed it) along with a smart watch and her bill went down $5/month.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: verizon wireless [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems to be the norm these days to switch back and forth between major companies every so often just to grab some air.
Quote Reply
Re: verizon wireless [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know, a month after we signed up for Sprint we got several deals from Direct TV since they have been purchased by AT&T. If we sign up with AT&T we would get unlimited data and new phones for free, etc.

Oh well, I don't use the data anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: verizon wireless [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It happens. My friend did the same thing, paid with his best buy credit card, then used the gift cards to pay off his cc bill.

He got new phones and his bill is now CHEAPER than before he "bought" 2 new phones.

Ms veganerd bought a new phone from t mobile a month ago, (financed it) along with a smart watch and her bill went down $5/month.

I'll +1 this. I've gotten my bill reduced twice by buying new phones. They seem to be putting the costs more in the devices these days and reducing the costs of the plans. The two times I've gotten new devices, I've switched plans to a better and cheaper plan.
Quote Reply