Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Russia and hacking [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Fleck wrote:
However, I am under no illusion that Trump won't abuse it as much as he possibly can. His record on that speaks for itself.

A key thing.

People get worked up about the individual blunders, miss-steps or controversial tweets.

What's important to look at is the PATTERN of behavior over the long term.

That's why the thought process, that the gravity and responsibility of the office would change the man and his behavior, may not work with him.

The Trump supporters here and elsewhere, are fine with this - what anyone says or writes WILL NOT change their view or support. What's done is done. So we'll have to just see how this plays out - revisit it briefly at the mid-term elections in two years and then more fully in the run-up to 2020.

Its amazing to see what people take issue with obama, and the things said about hillary, and to see them have no problem with trump doing similar things. (Being an insider, pay to play, defrauding students, putting small business into bankruptcy, hiring illegal immigrants, buying foreign materials, etc etc)

Its almost as if they dont actually give a shit, they just want to hate democrats.

Its also cute to see people that have been whining about obama for the last 8 years making fun of people who are now upset about trump. If a conservative does it, they care about our country, if a liberal does it tbeyre a delicate snowflake. The simple mindedness and lack of self awareness is laughable.

I don't see people defending Trump for anything. We all understand he is a clown. This just shows how bad the rest of them are. He prefer a clown over the corrupt establishments that are destroying our country.
Quote Reply
Re: Russia and hacking [Shakeandbake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it looks like Russia is not going to reciprocate against US diplomats in Moscow and St. Petersburg, as might normally be the custom. Instead, they're planning to leave things as they are in hopes of having a smooth transition into Pres Trump's administration. Apparently future sanctions by Russia will depend on how Mr. Trump acts towards Russia once he takes office.

http://www.cnn.com/...diplomats-expulsion/

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Russia and hacking [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you missed his point. It's not defense per se, just the complete lack of ability to call Trump out on anything after listening to constant rage over the for the same exact things when the people committing them had a (D) next to their name.
Quote Reply
Re: Russia and hacking [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
it looks like Russia is not going to reciprocate against US diplomats in Moscow and St. Petersburg, as might normally be the custom. Instead, they're planning to leave things as they are in hopes of having a smooth transition into Pres Trump's administration.

I have to think it's partly to preserve the bromance with Trump, and partly as a final fuck-off to President Obama, as if to say he and his actions aren't worthy of his attention.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Russia and hacking [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Timing has nothing to do with it. Just look at what was being said about it before the election. Everything he has done for the last 8 years has been unprecedented. We get it.

Of course it does, adding something that may be prickly in the Trump/Russia relation just adds to the plethora of roadblocks Obama is throwing up in this post election period. Do you think Obama would have made the same action if Hillary had won?
Quote Reply
Re: Russia and hacking [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Timing has nothing to do with it. Just look at what was being said about it before the election. Everything he has done for the last 8 years has been unprecedented. We get it.

Of course it does, adding something that may be prickly in the Trump/Russia relation just adds to the plethora of roadblocks Obama is throwing up in this post election period. Do you think Obama would have made the same action if Hillary had won?

Well of course he might have done something different if Sec Clinton was the President elect. Of course, it might have been different because he would have been in frequent consultation with her, and presumably she wouldn't be tweeting that the hacking issue was made up, that the intelligence community got it wrong, etc.

Mr. Trump has had more than ample opportunity to be involved in this issue and influence our response. He chose not to.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Last edited by: slowguy: Dec 30, 16 14:10
Quote Reply
Re: Russia and hacking [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Well of course he might have done something different if Sec Clinton was the President elect. Of course, it might have been different because he would have been in frequent consultation with her, and presumably she wouldn't be tweeting that the hacking issue was made up, that the intelligence community got it wrong, etc.

Mr. Trump has had more than ample opportunity to be involved in this issue and influence our response. He chose not to.
-
All true, and we can impute anything to Obama's motives that we wish. I think your post elsewhere covering the variety of reasons that Obama may be doing so much last minute presidential business is spot on. OTOH, Obama has a history of being self serving and petty, and I think no two guys deserve each other more than he and Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Russia and hacking [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Of course not. What I was trying to get at was I believe the backlash from the right would not have been any different had Obama took this same action pre-election. Actually worse if anything. Timing didn't matter as far as getting a reaction from the right other than pure disdain.....because that's the only reaction they are capable of with all things Obama.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great analysis here:

http://arstechnica.com/...e-likely-to-rage-on/

tl;dr: government analysis was weak and provided no conclusive evidence.

So we don't know anything for sure. I personally think Russians did it because I work in IT and see them hacking all the time (Chinese too). But that's suspicion and it means fuck-all without evidence, ESPECIALLY when one is playing a global geopolitical game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
dave_w wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Of course not. What I was trying to get at was I believe the backlash from the right would not have been any different had Obama took this same action pre-election. Actually worse if anything. Timing didn't matter as far as getting a reaction from the right other than pure disdain.....because that's the only reaction they are capable of with all things Obama.

It couldn't possibly be his history of lying or jumping to conclusions could it?

It was a video

Hands up don't shoot

His promotion of the Trevon Martin case

The police acted stupidly

"After my election I have more flexibility"

I'm sure I could go on but I think these make my point.

Not to mention how big a deal he made out of ridiculing Romney in the debate,,,,, something about the 80's wanting their foreign policy back but now,,,,,,,,, lol

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Russia and hacking [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
dave_w wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

It couldn't possibly be his history of lying or jumping to conclusions could it?

It was a video

Hands up don't shoot

Not to mention how big a deal he made out of ridiculing Romney in the debate,,,,, something about the 80's wanting their foreign policy back but now,,,,,,,,, lol

Does Trump's history of lying and being the most dishonest candidate in recent history matter to you?

Can you name something that obama has done right? I mean an honest answer, not "he didnt blow us up" kind of nonsense.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
dave_w wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

It was a video

Hands up don't shoot

Does Trump's history of lying and being the most dishonest candidate in recent history matter to you?

Can you name something that obama has done right? I mean an honest answer, not "he didnt blow us up" kind of nonsense.

That's just dishonest to the point of absurdity,,,,,,,,,, Trump comes in a very distant second to hillary....... but let's be fair, she's had a lot more practice.

Try again.

Cuba, I was ok with that.

But, this wasn't about Trump, it was about that pos leaving office,,,,, defend any one of those things I posted about him,,,,,

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
That's just dishonest to the point of absurdity,,,,,,,,,, Trump comes in a very distant second to hillary....... but let's be fair, she's had a lot more practice.

https://www.google.com/...t=ms-android-verizon

I wonder if mopdahl would take a bet based on which logical fallacy you are about to respond with ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

But, this wasn't about Trump, it was about that pos leaving office,,,,, defend any one of those things I posted about him,,,,,

Cool.

Why should i defend those things? I dont define his presidency by them and i dont necessarily agree with them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

Cool.

Why should i defend those things? I dont define his presidency by them and i dont necessarily agree with them.

So, tell me then, why should I have any faith or confidence in someone who is willing to lie, mislead, or make those types of uninformed comments on other issues?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

Cool.

So, tell me then, why should I have any faith or confidence in someone who is willing to lie, mislead, or make those types of uninformed comments

You do realize you can make comments that are untrue without lying, dont you?

Quote Reply

Prev Next