Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Will this petulant child just go away. [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Funny, Pretty much everyone thought Hillary was going to kick Trump's ass too.

That is true and we will never know but Obama's unfavourable rating, particularly amongst Democrats is nowhere near as low as Clinton. That and the far higher support of women and minorities would make it highly unlikely that Trump would have beaten him.

Despite the hatred for him in the LR, Pres Obama has never had the trust issues that Sec Clinton had. Those hurt her more than the Dems are willing to admit.

People seem to forget that Trump won with fewer votes than Romney got in 2012, it was the lowest voter turn out in almost 3 decades, why? Because a lot of voters didn't trust or like either one, if Obama ran again it would be no contest.

Um, not true. Trump ended up with almost 63M votes vs Romney 61M. I'd post a link but you can use google same as i did.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Will this petulant child just go away. [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
50+ wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

That is true and we will never know but Obama's unfavourable rating, particularly amongst Democrats is nowhere near as low as Clinton. That and the far higher support of women and minorities would make it highly unlikely that Trump would have beaten him.

Despite the hatred for him in the LR, Pres Obama has never had the trust issues that Sec Clinton had. Those hurt her more than the Dems are willing to admit.

People seem to forget that Trump won with fewer votes than Romney got in 2012, it was the lowest voter turn out in almost 3 decades, why? Because a lot of voters didn't trust or like either one, if Obama ran again it would be no contest.

Um, not true. Trump ended up with almost 63M votes vs Romney 61M. I'd post a link but you can use google same as i did.

I've looked around and all I can find are article's from Nov. and Dec. all of which state that he got fewer votes than Romney, could you please post the link I'd like to read it. But my point still stands, it was a low voter turn out as a lot of voters didn't trust or like either one, if Obama had run again it would have been no contest.
Last edited by: 50+: Dec 27, 16 8:28
Quote Reply
Re: Will this petulant child just go away. [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The funny thing about the OP is that 'petulant child' almost perfectly describes trumps behaviour.

Not saying he isn't right to criticize Obama for what he said, seemed a weird thing to say.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Will this petulant child just go away. [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This article on Breitbart
http://www.breitbart.com/...re-votes-than-trump/

links to this article http://cookpolitical.com/story/10174
which points to this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/...sharing&sle=true

It was last updated the middle of December after all the votes were counted.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Will this petulant child just go away. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The funny thing about the OP is that 'petulant child' almost perfectly describes trumps behaviour.

Not saying he isn't right to criticize Obama for what he said, seemed a weird thing to say.

It's classic populist style politics, ascribe to the opponent or opposition those flaws that YOU have! Trump, does this frequently.

Of course, many of his supporters eat it up verbatim, not bothering to look/think beyond the words.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Dec 27, 16 12:03
Quote Reply
Re: Will this petulant child just go away. [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Obama would have won the election handily.

If Obama had run, he almost certainly would have won an uncontested Democrat primary so the party wouldn't have been nearly as divided as they were with Hilary/Sanders. Then add a much higher black vote and Trump would have no chance. A lot of people voted Trump because Hilary was the only choice but Obama's negative ratings aren't anywhere near as high as Clinton.

The thing we don't know is- how Trump and his team would have gone after Obama. He is a step ahead of how to win elections compared to the GOP party of past.

Right. The past 12 months is hard evidence that underestimating Trump is simply stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: Will this petulant child just go away. [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. If acting like a petulant child bugs forge, it's going to be an awfully long four to eight years for him.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Will this petulant child just go away. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The same people that agree he would have won easily also said Trump wouldn't win any primaries. Wouldn't win the Nomination. Wouldn't beat Hillary.

The irony is that if he had won, he could have built upon the 1034 Democratic seats he's lost since won the popularity contest of 2008.
Quote Reply
Re: Will this petulant child just go away. [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Politico says Obama is wrong.

http://www.politico.com/...-beaten-trump-214557

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply

Prev Next