Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendation for a Triathlon bag for racing
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Looking for a rec for a good Tri bag for races. Ideally, bike helmet can fit inside or clip on somewhere. Meshed space for (wet) wetsuit, large enough to fit bike and running sneakers in it..

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a Triathlon bag for racing [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had a Louis Garneau for a number of years but had to replace it with the Zipp Transition 1 Gear Bag Black, 56 Liter as they don't make the Garneau anymore. Great bag but a little pricey.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a Triathlon bag for racing [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Rudy Project transition bag. It holds two pairs of shoes, wet suit and everything else. It is on the slightly smaller side, but I make it work no problem. My buddy has the zoot one. It's essentially carry-on sized but it fits literally everything you could imagine. Both are great bags.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://ogio.com/endurance90

^^^ this one by far is the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I use a north face base camp duffel. Bright yellow, waterproof, opens wide the whole length so things are easy to get out. Zippered area in the lid is great for small stuff like nutrition, hydration tablets, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a Triathlon bag for racing [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbecks2 wrote:

+1.

But I would suggest the 8.0 instead. I have the 9.0 and the wife has the 8.0. The 9.0 has way more space and is way bigger than I need. I wish I had gotten the 8.0.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is one of those things that I just don't understand the need for. I use a simple large mouth duffel bag that has a couple of small pockets on the side for small items. So far it's served me well for years and is dirt cheap compared to the speciality "tri" bigs.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a Triathlon bag for racing [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
mbecks2 wrote:

+1.

I bought an Ogio bag. Within less than a season the shoulder strap seams began to fray and it is only a matter of time now before they rip entirely. I filed a warranty claim with Ogio in November. Though Ogio has agreed to replace the bag, they they said they wouldn't have a replacement bag ready until late February. They later extended that till late March. Making matters worse, presumably as a means of guarding against false warranty claims, Ogio requires you to cut a huge hole in the bag before it will replace it. The obvious problem is, if you destroy the bag and they don't send you a replacement (at least not in a timely manner), you're left with nothing, which is where I'm at now. Suffice it to say, I'm not impressed with their warranty department.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A backpack style is really handy when you have to park a distance from the start.You can put it on and ride up to the start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Danny,

We invented this specific product and were the first to give it the name TRANSITION PACK. 8 Revisions and many improvements later, check out our latest. I will offer one to you, and anyone else reading this, for 40% of. Just contact me before wednesday March 1.

Welcome to the modern era of a product category we innovated a quarter century ago. We are introducing the most high tech pack material ever used in a triathlon bag of any sort. As you will see, we offer many features and compartments that are beneficial to the most organized person, but we also understand that sometimes you just want to pack it all up quickly and get home. This is why we offer the large main interior compartment that overtakes the entire space of all other compartments. Throw it all in, zip it up and go home!
NEW FEATURES:
  • 45 Denier polyester with TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) laminant making it highly water resistant, very durable.
  • TPU finish gives a high gloss patent leather appearance.
  • Bottom entry waterproof wet/dry wetsuit compartment bag with heat sealed seams.
  • Inverted nylon zippers for a more streamline appearance and smoother operation.
  • Zipper pulls made of round nylon mountaineering cord.
  • High-density foam ergonomic shoulder straps for improved comfort when carrying a full pack.
  • Vertical daisy chain on outside to attach straps for carrying additional items like floor pump, towel, yoga mattress, shoes, fleece or down jacket.
  • 2 D-ring straps included
  • Breathable foam padding against back offers comfort and insulation to hydration bladder pocket (bladder not included).

ALL THE OTHER GREAT GREAT FEATURES STILL EXIST, INCLUDING:
  • Exterior helmet holder, with quick open for removal.
  • Large top-load main compartment that overtakes the entire space of all other compartments if you want a duffel-style pack for optimal space.
  • Vertical Mid-Belly™ zipper for easy access to items at the bottom of the pack
  • Long transition rack strap from which to hang the pack
  • Light-color interior for easy viewing of what is inside and to eliminate the "Black Hole" effect
  • Interior case made of soft-plush fabric for your sunglasses or swim goggles
  • Inside pocket against the back holds a hydration bladder.
  • Exterior pop-out pocket hold 32 ounce drink bottles
  • Mesh water bottle holder that fits a liter-size bottle
  • Waist strap with nylon buckle
  • Large exterior zippered mesh pocket.
  • Interior key ring loop inside the large exterior mesh pocket
  • TSA approved size for check-in luggage (simply pull out the helmet prior to placing in overhead storage).

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forget all the fancy pockets. Use a duffel bag.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a Triathlon bag for racing [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Forget all the fancy pockets. Use a duffel bag.
^This.
Here's what I use, and like. https://www.thenorthface.com/...n-ca?variationId=SCR Can't remember if I have the small or medium. I never worry about a wet wetsuit -- a) it has a chance to dry in transition while I'm on the bike/run, and b) everything else in the bag (shoes etc) is gnarly after I race anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Blueseventy Tri bag for 5 years now, both for racing and as my swim bag. Solid construction, well thought out and fits all my gear.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a Triathlon bag for racing [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
Light-color interior for easy viewing of what is inside and to eliminate the "Black Hole" effect
Love this.

What's the total volume of this bag?

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a Triathlon bag for racing [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
Hey Danny,

We invented this specific product and were the first to give it the name TRANSITION PACK. 8 Revisions and many improvements later, check out our latest. I will offer one to you, and anyone else reading this, for 40% of. Just contact me before wednesday March 1.

Count me in for this as my first transition bag. I love Desoto!
Last edited by: DomerTriGuy: Feb 25, 17 5:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the TYR Transition Bag. It so happens that I have one for sale. BNWT.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Classifieds_F2/The_TYR_Elite_Transition_Bag_(BNWT)_%24120_(plus_shipping)_P6188544/?search_string=sprimack#p6188544

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the desoto one Emilio discussed and can attest it's a really nice bag. Very big main area with well thought out pockets. I was worried the white would quickly look dingy but it has held up well so far and looks really nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a Triathlon bag for racing [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
Emilio wrote:
Light-color interior for easy viewing of what is inside and to eliminate the "Black Hole" effect
Love this.

What's the total volume of this bag?

The pack has a volume of 4000 cubic inches.
Height=22 inches, Average Depth=13 inches, Width=14 inches

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a Triathlon bag for racing [sylvius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sylvius wrote:
I got the desoto one Emilio discussed and can attest it's a really nice bag. Very big main area with well thought out pockets. I was worried the white would quickly look dingy but it has held up well so far and looks really nice.

Thanks for the nice update Sylvius. The good part of the material we use is that you can wipe with with a sponge. NEVER ANY STAINS!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, lots of interest on the De Soto Transition Pack at 40% off so here is the code:

STTP840E2

It is valid until Midnight San Diego time tonight (monday Feb 27, 2017)

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply