Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How Do They Get Their Market Capitalization Back...
Quote | Reply
So, with Trump doing his best to make a mockery of the USAs stalwart corporations, how do they get their market cap back after his derogatory tweets? If he doesn't follow through on his Air Force One and F-35 cost complaints, where does that leave Boeing and Lockheed other than screwed by a nincompoop?

As a follow up: If the financial people are so smart why are they responding so negatively to what amounts to a twitter masturbatory exercise? As far as I know, automatic trading doesn't have enough intelligence to react to nocturnal twitter emissions.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: How Do They Get Their Market Capitalization Back... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
So, with Trump doing his best to make a mockery of the USAs stalwart corporations, how do they get their market cap back after his derogatory tweets? If he doesn't follow through on his Air Force One and F-35 cost complaints, where does that leave Boeing and Lockheed other than screwed by a nincompoop?

As a follow up: If the financial people are so smart why are they responding so negatively to what amounts to a twitter masturbatory exercise? As far as I know, automatic trading doesn't have enough intelligence to react to nocturnal twitter emissions.

It's 4pm (EST) on xmas eve, it's a saturday, football is on TV and you are essentially trolling. Move on, get a life.
Quote Reply
Re: How Do They Get Their Market Capitalization Back... [treimink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treimink wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:

It's 4pm (EST) on xmas eve, it's a saturday, football is on TV and you are essentially trolling. Move on, get a life.

Why then, are you here?

I am not trolling, I would like to hear people's opinions.

Quote Reply
Re: How Do They Get Their Market Capitalization Back... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was looking for uplifting or generally positive holiday threads from the ST community. your post was a cold bucket of water.

carry on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They wait a week or two. Isn't that how it normally works?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: How Do They Get Their Market Capitalization Back... [treimink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treimink wrote:
Was looking for uplifting or generally positive holiday threads from the ST community. your post was a cold bucket of water.

carry on.

In the LR, really?

I also wonder if anyone is placing any 'bets' on certain stocks prior to Trump's 'tweets'.

Last edited by: wasusnowme: Dec 24, 16 15:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a follow up: If the financial people are so smart why are they responding so negatively to what amounts to a twitter masturbatory exercise?

Financial people aren't always smart though. Remember, those same financial geniuses were collateralising mortgages and betting everything that housing prices always go up, or selling future electricity contracts and recognising the revenue in advance, or advising people that investing in companies like GM was safer than US treasuries. Financial people can be just as stupid as people who run the country on Twitter.

They are simply placing bets on the market movement and with so many people thinking a President controls the entire stock market, they are being smart by betting on dumb people.
Quote Reply
Re: How Do They Get Their Market Capitalization Back... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
As a follow up: If the financial people are so smart why are they responding so negatively to what amounts to a twitter masturbatory exercise?

Financial people aren't always smart though. Remember, those same financial geniuses were collateralising mortgages and betting everything that housing prices always go up, or selling future electricity contracts and recognising the revenue in advance, or advising people that investing in companies like GM was safer than US treasuries. Financial people can be just as stupid as people who run the country on Twitter.

They are simply placing bets on the market movement and with so many people thinking a President controls the entire stock market, they are being smart by betting on dumb people.

Who was on the other side of those trades?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: How Do They Get Their Market Capitalization Back... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't that caption read 'We're going hunting in Urbania...'?

Quote Reply