Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For those who believed (in Santa) SPOILER ALERT!!!- what was your 'awakening' moment?
Quote | Reply
Yet another variation of the Xmas themed threads

For me, it was laying at the top of the stairs with my older sister one year and seeing the parents and other adults carry in the little crates filled with toys (which we had been led to believe Santa had filled in years past).I cant recall if other kids at school had already started sowing the seeds by that stage. Around the same time my mate up the road had said that his dad made a slip of the tongue about leaving some toy upside down - that had meant to have come from Santa.

From then on the challenge was finding the cupboards that mum hid the toys in the lead up to Xmas to see what Santa would be bringing us that year.
Last edited by: mv2005: Dec 23, 16 15:04
Quote Reply
Re: For those who believed (in Santa) - what was your 'awakening' moment? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
could you put (Spoiler Alert) in your title?
Quote Reply
Re: For those who believed (in Santa) - what was your 'awakening' moment? [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
could you put (Spoiler Alert) in your title?

lol I was wondering how many replies before the inevitable. Evidently the first one.

I guess your moment was when some jackass the the LR ruined it for you. Maybe he is true but we were just naughty so my parents tried to make sure we didn't feel left out.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who believed (in Santa) - what was your 'awakening' moment? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lost a tooth and put it under the pillow without notifying my parents (I had some suspicions already) and sure enough, next morning no quarter.

It was then I realized no tooth fairy-no Easter bunny-no santa...

My mom, until the day she died, insisted that santa was real. We'd say, "there is no Santa!!" and she say, "don't be silly. Of course there's a Santa Clause."

That's how we'll play it with my son. There will always be a Santa. I'm pretty sure he knows it's BS already.

Nerve Ending Fairy is real though...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Dec 23, 16 15:02
Quote Reply
Re: For those who believed (in Santa) - what was your 'awakening' moment? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't remember Santa. But my mom left something I gave the easter bunny in her bedroom. I was about 7.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: For those who believed (in Santa) SPOILER ALERT!!!- what was your 'awakening' moment? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember the summer of 3rd grade proudly telling my dad I knew about Santa.
Huge mistake. Not as many toys after that fateful day.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who believed (in Santa) SPOILER ALERT!!!- what was your 'awakening' moment? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I was 10 when my mom told me, didn't want to believe it but had a feeling it was true.

I was in NYC a few weeks ago and saw a guy in a Santa suit coming out of a lobby bathroom stall of the hotel I was staying at. Who knew Santa pooped? It was like finding out he wasn't real all over again.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was 23 years ago I was 10, it was crushing. I was with my mom months before Christmas in a small little country hair salon in Whitefield, ME. They were also selling a small handmade wooden wagon on a shelf as you walked in. My mom bought it for my 5yo sister. On Christmas morning at 4am I ran downstairs to see what Santa had brought. I saw that little wagon with a note that read "From Santa". I was the only one awake, I just sat on the living room floor crying. No easter bunny, tooth ferry. I lost my imagination in a lot of things that day. To this day my soul feels empty and dead. The reality that there is no purpose in life, and when we die thats it, not even darkness, just the end
Quote Reply