Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Could the DOW drop to 15 or 10? What would cause it and
Quote | Reply
What would happen?
Quote Reply
Re: Could the DOW drop to 15 or 10? What would cause it and [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
What would happen?
15 or 10, or 15,000 or 10,000?

That's a pretty big difference...it got as low as 6,200 in 2009, as low as 7,500 in 2002, so a drop to 10K or 15K isn't unprecedented, in fact it didn't hit 15K until 2015 and hovered around 10K for a 5-year stretch between 1999 and 2005. A drop to those levels would be fairly simple: another bursting bubble, I think housing could do it again because we're in the same cycle that (partly) caused the 2009 recession.

A drop to 5 or 10? That would be a collapse (or attack) on the entire banking system, for it to get to those levels the entire banking system would have to fail, it'd be mayhem and people would be revolting, it'd be apocalyptic. My opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Could the DOW drop to 15 or 10? What would cause it and [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry. I was thinking k not literally 10 but to be honest if it was literally 10 or 15 that's not really worth splitting hairs over....... 😂
Quote Reply
Re: Could the DOW drop to 15 or 10? What would cause it and [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Sorry. I was thinking k not literally 10 but to be honest if it was literally 10 or 15 that's not really worth splitting hairs over....... 😂

I figured the headline meant % because a drop to 10k would be chaos at at this point. Drop to 15k would hurt a lot of people and stifle growth for a while, but wouldn't be anything we haven't seen before. It's coming, let me know if you hear when.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep!
Cause- Way too much debt and the world wakes up that we are actually poorer than most countries.
But somehow it will be Trump's fault.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Dow is for retail. You want to look at the Russell and S&P 500.
Quote Reply
Re: Could the DOW drop to 15 or 10? What would cause it and [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Yep!
Cause- Way too much debt and the world wakes up that we are actually poorer than most countries.

Of course it will be his fault!

Don't forget his statements: 'The economy is a complete disaster' and 'I alone can fix it'.

If the stock market tanks and there is a financial armageddon then it can only mean he was dissatisfied with the current state of the economy and he needed to fix it. He seems well on his way to doing just that.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: Could the DOW drop to 15 or 10? What would cause it and [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
getcereal wrote:
Yep!

Don't forget his statements: 'The economy is a complete disaster' and 'I alone can fix it'.

If the stock market tanks and there is a financial armageddon then it can only mean he was dissatisfied with the current state of the economy and he needed to fix it. He seems well on his way to doing just that.

Pink? Otherwise you are one of the most financially illiterate people I've ever met, and that includes people who see winning the lottery as their retirement plan.
Quote Reply
Re: Could the DOW drop to 15 or 10? What would cause it and [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
getcereal wrote:
Yep!

Pink? Otherwise you are one of the most financially illiterate people I've ever met, and that includes people who see winning the lottery as their retirement plan.

Sticks and stones... Just remember, no matter what decisions you make in life, you STILL end up dead.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Last edited by: wasusnowme: Dec 24, 16 7:16
Quote Reply