Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Declassified House Intelligence Committee report on Snowden
Quote | Reply
Surprisingly, the report (which seems to be supported by left and right) does not forgive Snowden all his past sins and ask him to come home for some eggnog and carols by the fire.

Not surprisingly, it accuses him of being a serial liar, of passing secrets to our adversaries (in particular Russia), or stealing tons of documents completely unrelated to his stated cause of revealing spying programs and privacy concerns, and of starting his collection as a result of spats he had with his bosses months months prior to Gen Clapper's testimony which Snowden claimed was his instigating moment.

Lots of redaction in the full report, but the executive summary is clear on what the committee wants to get across. Sounds like they very much do not want Pres Obama to consider a pardon prior to leaving office.

https://www.yahoo.com/...arges-143645123.html

https://intelligence.house.gov/....aspx?DocumentID=743

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Declassified House Intelligence Committee report on Snowden [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very interesting. Just saw the film and St. Ed got a very different portrayal there.

Decent movie despite that.
Quote Reply
Re: Declassified House Intelligence Committee report on Snowden [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked the movie, too.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Declassified House Intelligence Committee report on Snowden [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 What's crazy is how so little has changed since 2013. So little that I would be very surprised if surveillance hasn't increased significantly. It's sad to say, but I think the gov't came out waaaay ahead because of the Snowden release. They had to change very little while also showing the extent to which you are fubar'd for whistleblowing. They also received reinforcement that we will continue to be implicit while they abuse one of our most fundamental rights. Laws are meant for you, not for them.

I would love to see a follow up to CitizenFour.
Quote Reply