Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Terump to expand nuclear capability [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a weird thought. So what if the nukes won't work? Does the likelihood of their successful detonation on target factor into Russia's tactics? Would their tactics and actions change at all if it were known beyond doubt that they all worked fine?

Their mere existence serves the intended purpose. I can't imagine a scenario in which Russia counts on our nuclear arsenal failing.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Terump to expand nuclear capability [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Bring back the 1950's. That will make America great again.

Well it was the Clinton campaign who chose to cover their assess by pretending we were in another Cold War...
Quote Reply
Re: Terump to expand nuclear capability [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
You guy's already have enough nukes on Submarines to annihilate the earth 10 times over, never mind air delivery, so what's the point?
Much ado about nothing. I was listening to a Bloomberg Intelligence Analyst this morning and the US nuclear arsenal is Reagan era technology that was scheduled to be upgraded anyways. We would see the same buildup and spending under Clinton. She just wouldn't have said anything.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Terump to expand nuclear capability [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Well it was the Clinton campaign who chose to cover their assess by pretending we were in another Cold War... "

She took a harder line with Putin over Syria and sanctions but never said anything about an arms race. Its very strange that both Trump and Putin have mentioned increasing nuclear capacity in the past couple of days, especially since they're supposed to be such good buddies.
Quote Reply

Prev Next