Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

50+ Goes shopping
Quote | Reply
Walks by Sunrise (a Canadian music store) and see's a bunch of new vinyl, way cool, I go check it out and what do you think I find? The beer is flowing and the paint is peeling off the basement walls!
Quote Reply
Re: 50+ Goes shopping [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm at Costco right now. In the check out line.

It's fucking awesome!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
Walks by Sunrise (a Canadian music store) and see's a bunch of new vinyl, way cool, I go check it out and what do you think I find? The beer is flowing and the paint is peeling off the basement walls! {quote}

Is this a reference to extreme flatulence? Cause that would make sense at a canadian hipster vinyl store.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here comes Bambi.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is vinyl awesome? Because it sounds like shit? Is it the skipping that's awesome?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 50+ Goes shopping [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get some jeans.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 50+ Goes shopping [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Get some jeans.

Tired them on.

Loose in the waist and too tight in the crotch.

Looked ghey.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy most of my music on vinyl these days. Typically only a few $$$ more than a CD, and you get a mp3 download with most anyway. Some of my top LP pickups this year:

Charles Bradley - Changes (definitely a top 5 album of the year for me)
The Radio Dept - Running Out of Love
Okkervil River - Away
Negative Scanner - s/t (came out a year or two ago, but has a very retro Siouxsie and the Banshees vibe to it)
Chvrches - Evey Open Eye
Naomi Shelton and the Gospel Queens - Cold World (fantastic album)
Glen Hansard - Didn't He Ramble
Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool (another top 5 album)
Quote Reply
Re: 50+ Goes shopping [aironagstring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aironagstring wrote:
50+ wrote:
Walks by Sunrise (a Canadian music store) and see's a bunch of new vinyl, way cool, I go check it out and what do you think I find? The beer is flowing and the paint is peeling off the basement walls! {quote}

Is this a reference to extreme flatulence? Cause that would make sense at a canadian hipster vinyl store.

Unfortunately Sunshines is not hypster, it's totaly mainstream which makes having vinyl so cool.

But no comment on the album?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
I will admit to having some tracks from that album on the iPod I run with; their music really grabbed me when it first came out. But in the back of my mind it always bothered me that they were the Monkees 10 years on.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Re: 50+ Goes shopping [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ergopower wrote:
50+ wrote:

I will admit to having some tracks from that album on the iPod I run with; their music really grabbed me when it first came out. But in the back of my mind it always bothered me that they were the Monkees 10 years on.

The Monkees - (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone (1966) HQ - YouTube

Sex Pistols-Stepping Stone - YouTube

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping for a turntable for Xmas. I've dropped hints, and if the family doesn't get it, I'll be buying myself one and will be looking for that album. I've got vinyl in the basement that I pulled out last week - albums from The Clash, The Ramones, Suicidal Tendencies, SNFU, S.C.U.M, Dayglo Abortions and a few others... curious to see how they sound, so many years later...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I distinctly recall being at a high school party in 77/78 and remembering hearing this for the first time (vinyl of course back then). "Anarchy in the UK", came on and the place went wild!

The sound was raw, rough and ragged but there was something about it that I and many others really liked. What was odd was that this (77/78) was the peak of the whole Prog Rock thing - Genesis, Yes, King Crimson etc . . as well as the peak of the disco era, and this music, dubbed "punk", was the polar opposite to all that.

In a matter of weeks, among my high school friends, while they did not go full-on punk, the long shaggy hair and flared blue jeans were gone, replaced by shorter hair cuts and stove-pipe straight jeans!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Dec 23, 16 6:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
aironagstring wrote:
50+ wrote:

Unfortunately Sunshines is not hypster, it's totaly mainstream which makes having vinyl so cool.

Here's a comment - I'd much rather have an original pressing than a reissue. Good album, though.
Quote Reply
Re: 50+ Goes shopping [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
50+ wrote:
aironagstring wrote:
50+ wrote:

Here's a comment - I'd much rather have an original pressing than a reissue. Good album, though.

I so agree I wish someone would reissue the original pressings instead of all this remastered stuff, but hey we take what we can get.
Quote Reply