Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Breville Barista Express BES870XL
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have this machine?

Everything that I have read and researched it is a great, quality machine for the price. Can anyone give me any cons, and/or any other machines of better value at the same price?
Quote Reply
Re: Breville Barista Express BES870XL [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one of their juicers for over a decade and they make a quality product.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Breville Infuser BES840XL and the Breville Smart Grinder Pro. Purchased them separately in case one part goes bad and my wife prefers drip over espresso so we can change the grind.

Have been very happy with the Breville. Have had it a year and pull a double shot every day with no problems. It isn't a double boiler, so you will have to heat milk and then draw your shot.

If I were doing it today, I would consider the Rancillo Rocky for the grinder.
Quote Reply
Re: Breville Barista Express BES870XL [shannon1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shannon1 wrote:
I have the Breville Infuser BES840XL and the Breville Smart Grinder Pro. Purchased them separately in case one part goes bad and my wife prefers drip over espresso so we can change the grind.

Have been very happy with the Breville. Have had it a year and pull a double shot every day with no problems. It isn't a double boiler, so you will have to heat milk and then draw your shot.

If I were doing it today, I would consider the Rancillo Rocky for the grinder.

Any specific reason why you would go with the Rancillo Rocky grinder instead?

The 54mm portafilter MIGHT be a downfall as I don't believe any naked portafilters exist, they only come in 58mm. I guess the question is would I ever need it...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bcagle25 wrote:

The 54mm portafilter MIGHT be a downfall as I don't believe any naked portafilters exist, they only come in 58mm. I guess the question is would I ever need it...?

need it--no

really really really want it--yes

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: Breville Barista Express BES870XL [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmeer wrote:
bcagle25 wrote:

need it--no

really really really want it--yes

Any experience with using one?

Benefits of it?

BTW congrats on the weekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think i have more control with my espresso, can manipulate things a little more if you need

and thanks. it was a great weekend, too bad lindsey's travel was awful. i was going to send her some cake but there wasn't any left.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a breville duo temp, its probably 4 years old and going strong.. I very much like the machine. That being said, if I was going to buy new, I'd probably look at machines that don't combine grinding and brewing. I like having two machines for two jobs. I'd look at the infuser or the duo temp pro in that price point. The infuser has measured shots, which is good if you need that. Down side is if you want a smaller (ristretto) or larger shot, the buttons don't help in that regard. I think the pressure gauge is more of a nice to have, rather than a must have.

Infuser or Duo Temp Pro and a Baratza Preciso grinder..

Either that or go big and get the Dual Boiler!
Quote Reply
Re: Breville Barista Express BES870XL [ErnieK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" Baratza Preciso grinder" -- There's a new cowboy in town, and it's name is the Sette.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Any specific reason why you would go with the Rancillo Rocky grinder instead?

Sorry for the slow reply. I have not had any problems with my grinder and when I purchased it was close to the top of the heap at this pricepoint. Last time I looked, the Rancillo got better reviews, I was not familiar with the Baratza Preciso (that Hank pointed out) but that is probably the way to go now.

Hope this reply isn't too late (after the holidays). Was travelling and didn't pay much attention to my email.
Quote Reply