Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency...
Quote | Reply
Interesting article from The New York Times which will probably not be read by the majority of right wing extremists here.

http://www.nytimes.com/...-elections.html?_r=0

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do leftists across the world support leftists here in the US? Answer: because they like to see leftist policies proliferate.
Evidently, people on the right are similar in that regard.

Does cerveloguy (Canadian btw) "hack" our election every time he posts here in the LR about how much Cubans love their communist lifestyle?

I guess we can look at like-minded people around the world supporting Trump as something nefarious. But that would be because we want to see it that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I clicked on the NYT link and read it, but I'm probably not one of the LR's right wing extremists.

I'm already skeptical of any entity with the words "patriot" and/or "liberty" in their name. Having said that, while it's obvious that James Dowson supports agendas that not everyone agrees with, he's certainly allowed to make his pitch. There certainly seems to be an audience for this sort of thinking these days.

For those who don't want read the NYT link, the following lines were interesting.

“I look on this rebirth of McCarthy-type anti-Russian hysteria by the LEFT as a hilarious reaction born out of the left’s inability to realize THEY elected Trump, not me, not the Russians, not even the right,” he (Dowson) said via email.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency... [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Why do leftists across the world support leftists here in the US? Answer: because they like to see leftist policies proliferate.
Evidently, people on the right are similar in that regard.

Does cerveloguy (Canadian btw) "hack" our election every time he posts here in the LR about how much Cubans love their communist lifestyle?

I guess we can look at like-minded people around the world supporting Trump as something nefarious. But that would be because we want to see it that way.

Do you really think cerveloguy has the same impact posting his supposed 'pro Cuba' diatribes on a [relatively] little read Lavender Room Forum as a website made to look like it was was 'Created By American Patriots For American Patriots'? Given the attention span of the average American and their propensity for accepting shit for Shinola it really isn't all that much of a stretch that sites like http://patriotnewsagency.com have a measurable impact.

I worked in an office with a woman who read, and completely believed, that part of the Obamacare Mandate actually required all US Citizens to have government controlled implants complete with GPS and Cyanide inserted by the year 2018. Even when one showed her incontrovertible proof that no such clause existed she would respond with 'Why would Faux News lie?'.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I consider myself among the right wing and I never heard of that site. I have though heard of Newsweek magazine, although I stopped reading it a decade ago. One of their senior writers is claiming, without evidence, that Trump was in a mental hospital. If I were you I'd be much more concerned with what a journalist for a major news publication believes than some crazy lady in your office.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency... [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:
I consider myself among the right wing and I never heard of that site. I have though heard of Newsweek magazine, although I stopped reading it a decade ago. One of their senior writers is claiming, without evidence, that Trump was in a mental hospital. If I were you I'd be much more concerned with what a journalist for a major news publication believes than some crazy lady in your office.

Hadn't heard that. Got a link for us?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency... [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

https://www.yahoo.com/...e-fox-154539629.html

I don't think he's still claiming it, technically. He tweeted it, and had a meltdown when confronted about it by Tucker Carson.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency... [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:

The crazy lady in the office isn't that much different than most Trumplodites.

Most people have heard of the Eichenwald incident so nothing unusual there. Fanatical lunatics are everywhere, both on the left and the right. For every Eichenwald there is a Monica Crowley who, to this day, proves how much of a fanatical lunatic she is. The really scary part is she may be in charge of what information is released from Trump's National Security Team so five weeks before her job starts one is 99.99 percent sure everything she says or releases won't even remotely represent the truth.

Just to be obstinate: Do you have incontrovertible proof that Trump wasn't in a mental hospital at any point in his life for any reason what so ever? He could have been visiting a emotionally disturbed inbred relative or two which would make the journalist's claim true, but very misleading.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I worked in an office with a woman who read, and completely believed, that part of the Obamacare Mandate actually required all US Citizens to have government controlled implants complete with GPS and Cyanide inserted by the year 2018. Even when one showed her incontrovertible proof that no such clause existed she would respond with 'Why would Faux News lie?'

This never happened.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
I worked in an office with a woman who read, and completely believed, that part of the Obamacare Mandate actually required all US Citizens to have government controlled implants complete with GPS and Cyanide inserted by the year 2018. Even when one showed her incontrovertible proof that no such clause existed she would respond with 'Why would Faux News lie?'

This never happened.

What never happened? The woman claiming the implants required by Obamacare is VERY real and there is a portion of the Obamacare Legislation that earmarks money to research the efficacy and constitutionality of placing implants in people who are at risk of wandering off [people with dementia, mental incapacities, mental illnesses, etc.]. She swore she heard it on Faux News [anyone with any intelligence in the office knew she was batshit crazy but she would go on and on about it and other conspiracies].

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/...e-fox-154539629.html

I don't think he's still claiming it, technically. He tweeted it, and had a meltdown when confronted about it by Tucker Carson.

Thanks to you and PrinceMax for the links. Truly bizarre.

All I can say is that it's been a decade or more since I read anything from Newsweek; hopefully it will be even longer until the next time!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency... [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
I clicked on the NYT link and read it, but I'm probably not one of the LR's right wing extremists.

I'm already skeptical of any entity with the words "patriot" and/or "liberty" in their name. Having said that, while it's obvious that James Dowson supports agendas that not everyone agrees with, he's certainly allowed to make his pitch. There certainly seems to be an audience for this sort of thinking these days.

For those who don't want read the NYT link, the following lines were interesting.

“I look on this rebirth of McCarthy-type anti-Russian hysteria by the LEFT as a hilarious reaction born out of the left’s inability to realize THEY elected Trump, not me, not the Russians, not even the right,” he (Dowson) said via email.

About sums it up. We can all agree fake news exploded this period. But "fake news" is usually obvious and the motive fictional not political according to a media advocacy group I heard today. We can't protect people from their own stupidity.

With said, the argument has deviated from the real fake news to pointing sources you don't agree with as fake news. And the democrats and left seem to be pushing this hard. Partiot news and other wacky sounding named sources are fake. But now legitimate sources like daily caller, breitbart, etc are being lumped in he same. I'll admit with breitbart I do t reference them but use them as a source that needs to be verified. And most times they are telling the truth. Even if the truth is connecting a couple long distance dots.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

This never happened.

What never happened? The woman claiming the implants required by Obamacare is VERY real and there is a portion of the Obamacare Legislation that earmarks money to research the efficacy and constitutionality of placing implants in people who are at risk of wandering off [people with dementia, mental incapacities, mental illnesses, etc.]. She swore she heard it on Faux News [anyone with any intelligence in the office knew she was batshit crazy but she would go on and on about it and other conspiracies].

The fact you call it faux news shows you can't have this discussion. Fox does lean right as a whole much like so called reputable sources lean to the left as a whole (nytimes, CBS, NBC and affiliates,
Etc. the reality is all these sources are good at reporting unbiased news, investigative journalism. The problem
Is they don't do good jobs separating commentary from news reporting. Especially when politics is involved. If you see this in fox by not any of the sources mentioned. If you think the graphic in the other thread has it right with mainstream media. You are not worth debating this with.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here A Fan Of The Patriot News Agency... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
The fact you call it faux news shows you can't have this discussion. Fox does lean right as a whole much like so called reputable sources lean to the left as a whole (nytimes, CBS, NBC and affiliates,
Etc. the reality is all these sources are good at reporting unbiased news, investigative journalism. The problem
Is they don't do good jobs separating commentary from news reporting. Especially when politics is involved. If you see this in fox by not any of the sources mentioned. If you think the graphic in the other thread has it right with mainstream media. You are not worth debating this with.

I used FauxNews as a slam on people who watch Fox News, distort / exaggerate the report, and then disseminate it as if it is fact.

I rate the accuracy of reporting based on the source's retraction rate when the reporting doesn't match the reality. In my very unscientific observation of Fox News it doesn't retract many statements and allows [encourages even] its commentators to perpetuate outright falsehoods and blatant lies.

Finally, if one spends all their time walking around leaning to the right then everyone else looks as though they are leaning to the left.

Do you play golf? If you do, do you compensate for your dominant eye when lining up a shot? It is a lot easier to hit the ball where you want it to go when you understand how a dominant eye can distort one's perception of how one is lined up to the target.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooookaaaaaay.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Ooookaaaaaay.

Too much for you?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No it is still the weekend and I tend to dial out politics on weekends. And you sound like little more than a sore loser who can't reconcile what happened.

Next 4 years sound like they will suck for you.

Last edited by: TheForge: Dec 18, 16 20:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Next 4 yeas sound like they will suck for you.

Yea! Yea! Yea! Yea!

Yep, that sucked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Besides, this is a non issue. This specific source isn't visited much.

http://dailycaller.com/...-have-tiny-audience/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm cross eye dominant. Great for most sports requiring hand/eye coordination.

Not so good for shooting rifles.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply