Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ivanka [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sound like my dad. Absolutists.

You can support gay rights, you can support gay marriage, but if you disagree with them on anything, you are a bigot.

In my dad's case, its because I don't approve of his marriage to a man. Has nothing to do with the hact he is and HIV infected, illegal immigrant convicted felon. If it were a woman I would have the same problem.

This then exposes the hypocrisy. If you disagree with them, it is perfectly acceptable to display behavior they would find disgusting if directed towards them. You see, if you spit on a gay person, you are a bigot, maybe even committing a hate crime. But if they spit on you, it's ok because you are already viewed as a bad person.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

yes I do. I am pessimistic when it comes to my fellow Americans. That doesn't make me right I am just answering your question honestly. I think this guy was a hugely self entitled POS. I just don't think that makes him that unique.

My understanding is Kushner was standing in the aisle at the time. Man has more self restraint than I would.
I did some snooping because I was curious. The only articles about Chelsea and flying are around using a private jet to travel to an energy conference. But what did pop up is this:
http://www.msnbc.com/...ton-keeps-it-private

So Hillary herself flew commercial during her campaign. Granted she had a team around her and didn't have to deal with TSA but she sat with the unwashed masses on flights for the past two years with nary a peep about someone going off on her. Public enemy #1 among conservatives and not a single incident, scrolling through pages of Google results.

I won't pretend that conservatives don't have an element of crazy, of course they do. But shit like this, public displays of protest, of shaming someone they disagree with politically, are generally the purview of liberals.

Really? After listening to 8 years of bat shit crazy conservatives publicly attacking Obama. Calling him and his family everything from the Antichrist to calling his wife a Gorilla. You say shaming someone they disagree with is the purview of liberals? Hilarious! The conservatives need to thicken up their skin. Trumps not even president yet. It's going to be a long four years.
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't really say I totally blame them.

Keep in mind the onslaught of fake news that told us Trump is the next Hitler.

If that is really true, then we as Americans have a duty to kill him and everyone who supports him.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For starters I think that the people harassing Ivanka on the plane were completely out of line.

Period.

That said, I would draw a line between family members who are essentially innocent bystanders (Sasha and Malia, Chelsea Clinton while Bill was president, Barbara and Jenna Bush, etc.) and family members who are active parts of the campaign or administration or transition team.

It is still a huge douche move to do what those people did, but I would consider it even more out of line if it was the Obama kids who are just school kids vs. Ivanka who is actually sitting in on high level meetings and is part of the team.

Rush Limbaugh going off on Chelsea when Bill was president was out of line, if he did it during the 2016 campaign where she was campaigning for her mother, then that's just part of the deal. Same for say Baron Trump vs. Ivanka. Baron is just a kid (out of bounds), Ivanka is part of the campaign/transition team/administration (fair game).

In general though, people shouldn't be assholes no matter what. Criticize their beliefs/actions, but don't go out of your way to be a dick.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I apologize for what I said, and my post, I was wrong.

I appreciate your apology.

I made my original post not as a political statement. I showed the photo to my fiancé (wife) and to her friends here not to go after Trump but because they didn't know who was in the photo. It was a chance to keep politics out of the response and have them base their opinions on the actual photo. I told them it was Trump after the fact.

I wasn't posting to attack Trump or Ivanka. FWIW, I think Ivanka is a very impressive woman, I really like her. She is smart, attractive and at least appears to have a lot of impressive qualities. I think the photo is inappropriate, not because it is Trump, but because it is a father/daughter.

I think Old Hickory's response to me was simply because the comment was made about Trump and that is the problem. It couldn't be a comment about the appropriateness of a father/daughter, it had to be political and anyone who thinks the photo is inappropriate is saying that only because they are a Trump hater and are angry over the election. That was simply not true. The women in the Philippines couldn't care less about politics and really have no idea about Trump other than that he was on a tv show. Their comment had nothing to do with politics.

It's also inappropriate to assume that they are whores because they are Filipino. My fiancé and her friends are devout Christians and far more Conservative than almost anyone I know in Canada. To call them all whores simply for saying the photo of a father and daughter is inappropriate is very insulting to me and to them.

Anyway, thank you for your apology and to others here for the responses. I've blocked Old Hickory and that is for the best.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

If that is really true, then we as Americans have a duty to kill him and everyone who supports him.

You would think a lawyer, or at least someone with half a brain, would be able to take news of Trump being the next Hitler with a grain of salt though.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

You would think a lawyer, or at least someone with half a brain, would be able to take news of Trump being the next Hitler with a grain of salt though.

slowman....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I apologize for what I said, and my post, I was wrong.

I appreciate your apology.

I made my original post not as a political statement. I showed the photo to my fiancé (wife) and to her friends here not to go after Trump but because they didn't know who was in the photo. It was a chance to keep politics out of the response and have them base their opinions on the actual photo. I told them it was Trump after the fact.

I wasn't posting to attack Trump or Ivanka. FWIW, I think Ivanka is a very impressive woman, I really like her. She is smart, attractive and at least appears to have a lot of impressive qualities. I think the photo is inappropriate, not because it is Trump, but because it is a father/daughter.

I think Old Hickory's response to me was simply because the comment was made about Trump and that is the problem. It couldn't be a comment about the appropriateness of a father/daughter, it had to be political and anyone who thinks the photo is inappropriate is saying that only because they are a Trump hater and are angry over the election. That was simply not true. The women in the Philippines couldn't care less about politics and really have no idea about Trump other than that he was on a tv show. Their comment had nothing to do with politics.

It's also inappropriate to assume that they are whores because they are Filipino. My fiancé and her friends are devout Christians and far more Conservative than almost anyone I know in Canada. To call them all whores simply for saying the photo of a father and daughter is inappropriate is very insulting to me and to them.

Anyway, thank you for your apology and to others here for the responses. I've blocked Old Hickory and that is for the best.

Test
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

slowman....

Well, in fairness, he did put it right out there in his ST handle!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
kiki wrote:
see above :>

As the father of a daughter I would NEVER have allowed anyone to take a photo with us posed like this. http://imgur.com/IBiwZk6

haha even the parrot is vomiting.

Again, I will not judge her for her father's decisions, but for her own.

As her father has already pointed out, she's a fine piece of ass...
Quote Reply

Prev Next