Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to cook an f'ing burger. [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Travis R wrote:
In the "How to cook an f'ing steak" thread, somebody mentioned they wanted to start a similar thread for burgers. I've got no skills with the grill and nothing to offer (I can follow a cheesecake recipe), but I'm hungry, so it's time for the thread to exist. Lay what you got here.

We also need "How to cook an f'ing omelette", "How to cook an f'ing beef brisket", and "How to cook an f'ing turkey" threads.

This could turn into a crowd-sourced f'ing awesome cook book.

Only Americans think it's okay to cook ground meat that's been close to the shit tract medium rare... No one else on the planet considers being able to use their shit canon to shoot through the eye of a needle at 150 yards a life skill!

This. I just can't do medium rare ground beef. It's not right!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: How to cook an f'ing burger. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A touch of pink is tasty if you know where the meat came from but if you go with a fattier, cheaper mix and cook it well done then no big deal.

Since we're trying to use up all of our ground bear right now, it all gets cooked well the fuck the done. Nobody wants trich.
Quote Reply
Re: How to cook an f'ing burger. [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have clarified "store bought ground beef". I agree if you know where it came from, a bit of pink is fine. Maybe it's just me but I think of medium rare burger as something like this:

Which I find to be repulsive, no matter where the fucking beef came from.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe.... I would consider that not fucking cooked.
Quote Reply
Re: How to cook an f'ing burger. [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
Fun fact. My mother always fed us raw hamburger as kids. Whenever she was in the kitchen making something with hamburger, she would pull off a ball of it and hand it to us raw as a snack. Never thought anything about it until I was older. Did this up through middle school. .

If you eat raw chicken or pork you will get sick 100% of the time. Most of the time you can eat raw beef without any problem. There is always a chance your beef is contaminated but we cook beef as a precaution. If you get a bad piece of beef with say E. Coli and you don't cook it at least medium well than chances are you will get sick; possibly very sick. Is it worth the risk? Most people I know don't cook their steaks medium well because it doesn't taste as good to them so they are taking a chance. There is always a slight risk but everyone should decide if they are willing to take a slight risk to have a steak the way they like it. I would point out that hamburger is riskier to eat raw. Often large amounts of beef are ground at the same time and if any of the pieces of beef are contaminated the whole batch could be contaminated. The odds of cheap hamburger meat being contaminated are probably 100 times higher than the odds of a steak being contaminated. That is why a lot of people insist on cooking hamburgers until they have no pink at all.
Quote Reply
Re: How to cook an f'ing burger. [outerlimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cooking a ribeye past medium rare is a sin in my house.
Quote Reply
Re: How to cook an f'ing burger. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I left my wife to her own devices, I would have to learn to love blue rare steaks and under cooked potatoes. I have since taken over the cooking!
Quote Reply
Re: How to cook an f'ing burger. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Cooking a ribeye past medium rare is a sin in my house.

Or any type of meat. It used to be that well done was the standard for cooking meat. Thankfully we've moved out of the dark ages.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Travis R wrote:
In the "How to cook an f'ing steak" thread, somebody mentioned they wanted to start a similar thread for burgers. I've got no skills with the grill and nothing to offer (I can follow a cheesecake recipe), but I'm hungry, so it's time for the thread to exist. Lay what you got here.

We also need "How to cook an f'ing omelette", "How to cook an f'ing beef brisket", and "How to cook an f'ing turkey" threads.

Only Americans think it's okay to cook ground meat that's been close to the shit tract medium rare... No one else on the planet considers being able to use their shit canon to shoot through the eye of a needle at 150 yards a life skill!

Guess you've never had steak tartar you heathen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I should have clarified "store bought ground beef". I agree if you know where it came from, a bit of pink is fine. Maybe it's just me but I think of medium rare burger as something like this:

Which I find to be repulsive, no matter where the fucking beef came from.

That is rare to raw. I wouldn't fucking eat that
Quote Reply
Re: How to cook an f'ing burger. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Travis R wrote:

Unfortunately, steak tartar is not an option on our ration cards up here in canuckistan!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Travis R wrote:

Unfortunately, steak tartar is not an option on our ration cards up here in canuckistan!

Even in Quebec?
Quote Reply
Re: How to cook an f'ing burger. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Travis R wrote:

Even in Quebec?

Que-where? Nobody cares what happens in the province of the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Quote Reply

Prev Next