Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tonsillectomy
Quote | Reply
My son is in surgery now. I just left the or after he was under anesthesia. His surgeon is also a huge star wars fan which made him trustworthy to my son. They discussed every movie over a few office visits. Fantastic bedside manner, I really like the guy.

I know its a pretty safe surgery but waiting really sucks.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Tonsillectomy [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How old is he? Kids usually do pretty well with it. Royally sucks as an adult though...

Hoping he feels well soon!

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Tonsillectomy [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
How old is he? Kids usually do pretty well with it. Royally sucks as an adult though...

Hes 7. He had way too many strep infections. He has been really nervous about it but his dr was fantastic about reassuring him. Hes out of surgery now but we are waiting to see him.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
lunchbox wrote:

Hes 7. He had way too many strep infections. He has been really nervous about it but his dr was fantastic about reassuring him. Hes out of surgery now but we are waiting to see him.

That's good. He should be feeling pretty good in a week.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Tonsillectomy [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OR

Dr

He's

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Tonsillectomy [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
OR

Dr

He's

I know how to write, havent you seen my sig line?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a conversation with him as he's coming out of the anesthetic, potentially gold.

Also be prepared for a giant amount of puking when he wakes up. I had surgery as a kid and my parents still mention it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sending positive thoughts for both of you.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ice cream, we're gonna eat ice cream...

Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:

I know how to write, havent you seen my sig line?

Yeah, well, haven't you seen mine?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surgeon... meh, anyone with a knife can hack out tonsils. It's the anesthetist you want to have total confidence in. He/she is the one who takes the kid out and brings him back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does he have to stay overnight in the hospital?

Hope he's doing well.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Tonsillectomy [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
OR

Dr

He's

Wow his kids in sergury and your cracking on his speling.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought they quit doing them decades ago. I thought they put tubes in the ear to resolve the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Tonsillectomy [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
I thought they quit doing them decades ago. I thought they put tubes in the ear to resolve the problem.

Thats a different problem. He has huge tonsils and he got strep infections every month. Every feeaking month in the winter.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my tonsils taken out sometime during the bronze age. He'll be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Tonsillectomy [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Does he have to stay overnight in the hospital?

Hope he's doing well.

No overnight, they wait to make sure you're fine then they send you home the same day

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best wishes.

I had my tonsils taken out around 1980, and it seemed like a big deal to me at the time. Getting put under was scary, but nothing went wrong and I had no issues after the surgery. I loved being able to eat all the popsicles and ice cream I wanted! I'm sure it will be a positive to his/her overall health afterwards. Again, Good Luck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

My son has been put under 4 x's now, he's currently 8. All for tubes and last time they took his adenoids (sp?) out. He has chronic ear issues. If it's his first time as well as yours the early recovery from being put under can be rough. But they bounce back pretty quick. The last one with the adenoids they had to put him deeper under anesthesia so we monitored him for the day because he couldn't sit up straight for awhile or hold a normal conversation. He was discharged after the surgery. Do they keep him overnight with the tonsils ?
Did they give him giggle juice pre surgery before taking him back. Sitting with our son when they gave him that stuff was kind of comical with his laughing at nothing and trying to carry on a conversation.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Tonsillectomy [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
OR

Dr

He's

Wow his kids in sergury and your cracking on his speling.

Not cracking on his spelling. "OR" and "or" are spelled the same. I was just giving suggestions on how it would be easier for us to understand what he is talking about.

And, yes, its surgery, but not REAL surgery. I mean.....who hasn't had their tonsils taken out?

Quote Reply