Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Any one pumped for Anaheim 1 ? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boring - Roczen takes the lead and nobody challenges. Dungey cruises to second place and wasn't going to push to catch Roczen. Big disappointment was Tomac drifting back to 5th. I don't know what happened to him. He had the second fastest lap of the night but couldn't maintain it. Arm pump maybe but his bike always looks crappy in the whoops.
Quote Reply
Re: Any one pumped for Anaheim 1 ? [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my feeling, as well. For each race, once they got to turn 1, it pretty much spread out and there wasn't a lot of bar-to-bar action. A couple of decent charges towards the front (Plessinger comes to mind in the 250s), but that was it.

I'm not sure why the TV crew spent over half of one heat race covering Chad Reed when he was riding in third, not challenging anybody or being challenged.

Forkner made a rookie mistake in the 250 main, but had a decent debut.

Roczen keeps talking about how he's extremely fit, and it shows. Watching the podium interview, his face looks different. Hopefully, some of the other guys can step up and challenge him.

Millsaps had a good run for being sick and having broken ribs.

Not sure what happened with Tomac.

Webb had a rough night, but it turned out to be an OK start.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tomac is just doing what Tomac does, have fast one lap pace, always trails away.

The guy who didn't need a good start (Roczen) got one and ran away with it.

Dungey the Diesel with an OK start (good start would've been getting ahead of Roczen). The diesel keeps on truckin', making positions slowly through duration of the race.

Canard - Same
J. Anderson - Same
Reed - Same
Musquin - Same, maybe a little faster than last year

Cooper Webb - Welcome to the Bigs, NONE of these guys are even a little bit slow

It will be interesting to see how Dungey reacts next week. If we see a race where he starts well and Roczen mows through the field and easily takes the lead, I think a changing of the guard is in order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
Boring - Roczen takes the lead and nobody challenges. Dungey cruises to second place and wasn't going to push to catch Roczen. Big disappointment was Tomac drifting back to 5th. I don't know what happened to him. He had the second fastest lap of the night but couldn't maintain it. Arm pump maybe but his bike always looks crappy in the whoops.
Pretty much this^^^ for me. The track in my opinion wad kinda lame. Tomac dissapointed me, he looked good at monster cup. I thought for sure the longer format would be an advantage for him. He's never really shined at supercross. I hope he gets back to pre shoulder surgury speed for outdoors. Roczen clearly is fireing on all cylinders and he's dominating the mental game. Barring Injury he'll win the title this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Any one pumped for Anaheim 1 ? [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anaheim was a bit of a snooze, but San Diego made for much better racing!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Im watching tonight. I rode all day Saturday and raced on Sunday. Couldn't make it past the first heat before passing out. That track layout definatly looked way better. It was pretty hard to get through an entire sunday at a motocross track without learning the results lol. Even at the hotel we were staying at , the entire breaskfast lounge was buzzing about the race. Cant wait. No spoilers!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Round two was awsome! Man I wanted The diesel to win! Loved the track layout . Fast and lots of lines.
Malcome will be in for rd 3 . He wont be on a factory bike but I hope he gets in the mix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rd 3 , Holy endonisia for Roczen! That was a nasty impact , his arm crumbled up bad. Hope that didnt end his season but if I was to bet , I think he's done.
Update: compound fracture ouch!
Last edited by: Dirt fighter: Jan 22, 17 13:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roczen's crash hurt to watch. I imagine that's a season-ending injury. The way he landed, I'm surprised he didn't do something to his shoulder, and suffer a concussion, too. Ouch, ouch, ouch. I'm still not sure how he got thrown like that - did he bail?

Dungy made a nice recovery from a rough heat race.

The rookies are all getting more comfortable. I want to call Webb "Spud".

Overall, I thought the racing was pretty decent through the field, although the leaders seemed to step out and break away.

I'm not sure what Anderson was thinking. I don't care for Peick and Reed because they are a couple of hot heads, but I've liked Anderson, so hope this doesn't become a pattern for him. I like watching him (he's kind of wild - I don't think I'd want to race against him, but he's entertaining), but that was a disappointing, stupid thing to do. Falling off the bike while doing it added insult to injury.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roczen update, broken collar bone, elbow, compound fracture to left forarm, concussion.
Looks like he pushed too hard in the rythym section and got bucked on that last jump face.
I think he could have saved it or at least had less of a crash, but he was riding so fast and loose , when he got bucked he just flew off the bike at the worst moment. I think sx season may be over for him.
Feel bad for Anderson too although I think Freese's mech smacking him with the pit board made hime fall in the tunnel. I honestly cant blame Anderson. How many times will Freese get away with the same crap without being penalized for it? Jordan Baily had a good point on twitter. AMA is quick to condemn and fine for fighting yet they'll relentlessly promote the races by replaying these fights on tv commercials and highlights.
Whats going on with Tomac? Looked tight all night. Dabbed his feet on every turn. Not looking good.
Too bad Malcom just put together a ride. He would probably be on deck to fill in for Roczen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"might" be over? Id say SX over for sure. Hope to get back and training for Outdoors, Id guess.

JS7 fill in ride for HRC-Honda?:-)

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seasons going to suck now without Roczen and I'm going to Phoenix to watch this weekend. Hand Dungey the trophy and the only suspense remaining will Marvin win a main event and can Tomac get back on the box.

Roczen wasn't going to save that and knew he was going over the bars. Nasty

Tomac is a major disappointment and as the track deteriorated he seemed content to follow old man Reed around.

Anderson is a hot head idiot.

Love Mookie pushing Musquin and Anderson high in that turn.

Good for Friese - Anderson cut down on him and clipped his tire. Friese made no contact. All just racing. When you are racing and Friese is near you, you just have to know there are risks. The majority of top guys don't ride this way but a few mid packers are going to be real aggressive. They need a paycheck and don't have the big factory support. Why do you think the LCQs have so much banging - they are fighting just to make the main and will do whatever. Then everybody thinks it's okay to run someone high but not okay in the mains.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised his leg doesn't look like his arm. This one isn't a quick fix and he is going to be out a long time. Now who will get his ride is the question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
I'm surprised his leg doesn't look like his arm. This one isn't a quick fix and he is going to be out a long time. Now who will get his ride is the question.
Mook deserves it but already said, if its not his own ride with outdoors included , he won't accept. He got alot of last minute help to put his ride together and doesn't want to abandon them for a fill in position. He said this last night on pulp mx.
Idk who is really left except for js7 ? Lol. Mook also said that js7 will be doing east coast rounds .
Quote Reply

Prev Next