Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Murder House [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't mind places where people died, hence no real issue with a murder house. I don't like places where corpses are pumped full of chemicals, dressed up like dolls, painted with makeup, viewed like a museum exhibit, etc. They smell funny and are just places where weird shit takes place on the regular.
Quote Reply
Re: Murder House [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
windywave wrote:
Just saw an article about a house selling for ~1MM where a woman was murdered.

Would you buy a house where someone was murdered? I don't think I would.

My wife would actively push to buy that kind of house. I could make my peace with it. Places that used to be funeral homes though - no way, I wouldn't do it, they creep me out.

What's the difference?
Quote Reply
Re: Murder House [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
windywave wrote:
kiki wrote:
what bothers you more, the idea that someone suffered there, or that its investment value is affected by others' distaste?

Um the former obviously. odd question.

um absolutely not inferable from your OP, which is why i asked. Now regretting it.

the financial hit would already have occurred if i were to buy it, so it is illogical to ask that question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This funeral director was dumping body parts yards from my house.

http://connectingdirectors.com/...me-new-charges-filed

The cemetery in question was right behind my house. Silly thing was this guy continued to thrive after admitting he did it. Haines City originated as one of those towns that sprouted up after the emancipation proclamation during the Jim Crow era. Places where black communities thrived in terms of politics and business. However, they are largely out of date and never evolved. Instead becoming equivalent to most small town political machines where the same corrupt individuals get reelected and throw scraps to key figures in the community in exchange for their support. When Orlando Suburbs extended to Haines City, they saw windfall tax revenues and directed it to older constituencies who didn't contribute significantly to the windfall.

This guy is an example of that corrupt community that accepted corrupt behavior in exchange for having their people in power.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Murder House [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Absolutely, just wouldn't want to pay extra for it ;)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
wimsey wrote:
windywave wrote:

My wife would actively push to buy that kind of house. I could make my peace with it. Places that used to be funeral homes though - no way, I wouldn't do it, they creep me out.

What's the difference?

See my response in post #26.
Quote Reply
Re: Murder House [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next question. Would you murder somebody for a house, inside the same house?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Murder House [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
This funeral director was dumping body parts yards from my house.

http://connectingdirectors.com/...me-new-charges-filed

The cemetery in question was right behind my house. Silly thing was this guy continued to thrive after admitting he did it. Haines City originated as one of those towns that sprouted up after the emancipation proclamation during the Jim Crow era. Places where black communities thrived in terms of politics and business. However, they are largely out of date and never evolved. Instead becoming equivalent to most small town political machines where the same corrupt individuals get reelected and throw scraps to key figures in the community in exchange for their support. When Orlando Suburbs extended to Haines City, they saw windfall tax revenues and directed it to older constituencies who didn't contribute significantly to the windfall.

This guy is an example of that corrupt community that accepted corrupt behavior in exchange for having their people in power.

The funeral home my wife poked around in was in foreclosure because the funeral director had a gambling problem, didn't have the money to actually deal with the bodies, so was parking them in a storage facility out in the suburbs. His behavior was not accepted once it was discovered.
Quote Reply
Re: Murder House [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Next question. Would you murder somebody for a house, inside the same house?

What the fuck? Is this your idea of humour? I think you might get some interesting responses on the russian equivalent of ST however.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The funeral industry consistently rates among the top in corruption.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/...es-of-horror-6379207

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why wouldn't you?

Ghosts are a figment of the imagination.

I would buy a murder house.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Murder House [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Why wouldn't you?

Ghosts are a figment of the imagination.

I would buy a murder house.

Not ghosts, but it would be just weird stepping into the living room and always being like this is where the former occupants was stabbed in the heart.
Quote Reply

Prev Next