Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump press secretary, your pick? [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately for those of you hoping for boobs, Trump is appointing Sean Spicer, RNC Communications Chief and Trump spokesman during the campaign, as his Press Secretary. Also a Navy Reserve Public Affairs Officer.

http://www.foxnews.com/...press-secretary.html

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Last edited by: slowguy: Dec 23, 16 4:21
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press secretary, your pick? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Unfortunately for those of you hoping for boobs, Trump is appointing Sean Spicer, RNC Communications Chief and Trump spokesman during the campaign, as his Press Secretary. Also a Navy Reserve Public Affairs Officer.http://www.foxnews.com/...press-secretary.html
I love this line:
President-elect Donald Trump announced Thursday that Spicer will get the coveted job of White House press secretary,

Is it really much of a 'coveted job' this time around? I wouldn't want to be in the same building as the media during Trump's presidency, let alone at a podium every day giving them briefings and answering questions. Never mind having to spin/defend all of Trump's random tweets and train-of-consciousness thoughts and ideas.

Toughest job in the world the next four years: Press Secretary.
Last edited by: Brownie28: Dec 23, 16 6:24
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press secretary, your pick? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Unfortunately for those of you hoping for boobs, Trump is appointing Sean Spicer, RNC Communications Chief and Trump spokesman during the campaign, as his Press Secretary. Also a Navy Reserve Public Affairs Officer.
He's already been the RNC Communications Chief, and along with taking on this new gig, how does this align with the DoD Directive 1344.10 prohibition on partisan political actions by military members? Not to mention, what happens if he gets called up and deployed to SW Asia?

The situation with John Lehman when he was Secretary of the Navy while still in the Naval Reserve was somewhat similar. There have probably been others. I don't expect Spicer to show up on the podium giving a press briefing while he's in his uniform, but the connection between being in the military and supporting partisan political actions will be there.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press secretary, your pick? [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Unfortunately for those of you hoping for boobs, Trump is appointing Sean Spicer, RNC Communications Chief and Trump spokesman during the campaign, as his Press Secretary. Also a Navy Reserve Public Affairs Officer.http://www.foxnews.com/...press-secretary.html

I love this line:
President-elect Donald Trump announced Thursday that Spicer will get the coveted job of White House press secretary,

Is it really much of a 'coveted job' this time around? I wouldn't want to be in the same building as the media during Trump's presidency, let alone at a podium every day giving them briefings and answering questions. Never mind having to spin/defend all of Trump's random tweets and train-of-consciousness thoughts and ideas.

Except you expect the job to be the same as it ever was. The Trump campaign has stated that they are rethinking how the press briefings are handled.

What's the over/under on the date of Trump's first press conference in which he answers questions?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press secretary, your pick? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
slowguy wrote:

I love this line:

Except you expect the job to be the same as it ever was. The Trump campaign has stated that they are rethinking how the press briefings are handled.

What's the over/under on the date of Trump's first press conference in which he answers questions?

Never. All briefings will be done via twitter.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press secretary, your pick? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
slowguy wrote:

I love this line:

January 25, 2017. I think he will want to set the tone early, I believe his first press conference will be a dressing down of the "dishonest" press.

He wasn't the one hiding from the Press during the campaign process, that was the other other one.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply

Prev Next