Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interior Secretary - Zinke
Quote | Reply
WHAT'S TRUMP THINKING?!!
-
"Out of all the Republicans on the Hill, Zinke has one of the strongest track records on conservation and public land issues — and he's even voted against his own party at times. He voted against the GOP’s fiscal 2016 budget because it sold public lands, and even resigned as a delegate to the RNC this summer because the party platform included language calling for the sale of public lands.
Zinke has also opposed efforts by House Natural Resources Chairman Rob Bishop (R-Utah) to transfer land and other GOP measures to hand over millions of acres of public land from the U.S. Forest Service to the state.
He’s also partnered with Democrats on conservation issues: In October 2015 he was the only Republican to support a Democratic amendment to permanently authorize the so-called Land and Water Conservation Fund. He’s also received praise from conservation groups, including the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Teddy Roosevelt Conservancy Partnership, Friends of the East Rosebud and the Outdoor Industry Association."

http://www.politico.com/...cretary-trump-232590

Sounds like a guy that may have a balanced approach.
Quote Reply
Re: Interior Secretary - Zinke [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's racist!

He's a white male!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Interior Secretary - Zinke [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
He's racist!

He's a white male!

This part makes me have warm feelings somewhere below my cockles.

He voted against the GOP’s fiscal 2016 budget because it sold public lands, and even resigned as a delegate to the RNC this summer because the party platform included language calling for the sale of public lands.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's a Montanan which means he probably hasn't seen too many blacks.

The public school I went to graduated 400+ people a year of which just 1 or 2 were black. We would to joke that we couldn't be racist since there weren't any blacks around, and whenever one did move to town our fist thought was "Sweet! We're gonna win state in football, basketball and track!"

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
He's racist!

He's a white male!

Did you just assume his gender? Check your privilege!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But he's a westerner who actually spends time outdoors. And since he is from Montana he may even... HUNT, with a gun (gasp). The crazy left will find something wrong with him. Just tune into MSNBC tonight, or CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS. I'm sure they all will be on the same page once they get the memo from the DNC.

dave_w wrote:
WHAT'S TRUMP THINKING?!!
-
"Out of all the Republicans on the Hill, Zinke has one of the strongest track records on conservation and public land issues — and he's even voted against his own party at times. He voted against the GOP’s fiscal 2016 budget because it sold public lands, and even resigned as a delegate to the RNC this summer because the party platform included language calling for the sale of public lands.
Zinke has also opposed efforts by House Natural Resources Chairman Rob Bishop (R-Utah) to transfer land and other GOP measures to hand over millions of acres of public land from the U.S. Forest Service to the state.
He’s also partnered with Democrats on conservation issues: In October 2015 he was the only Republican to support a Democratic amendment to permanently authorize the so-called Land and Water Conservation Fund. He’s also received praise from conservation groups, including the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Teddy Roosevelt Conservancy Partnership, Friends of the East Rosebud and the Outdoor Industry Association."

Quote Reply
Re: Interior Secretary - Zinke [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
But he's a westerner who actually spends time outdoors. And since he is from Montana he may even... HUNT, with a gun (gasp). The crazy left will find something wrong with him. Just tune into MSNBC tonight, or CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS. I'm sure they all will be on the same page once they get the memo from the DNC.

dave_w wrote:
WHAT'S TRUMP THINKING?!!
-

It's obvious he/she is a wack job and can't be trusted, by either side. Anyone who puts the right thing before the party has no business in government!

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope this guy accepts. Sounds like a much more balanced option than the name that was floated earlier.

Also, I like that his wife is named L-O-L-A, Lola...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like an okay pick.

I am sooooo glad so that many oppressed triathletes can come here to the LR and find a safe zone where they open up about the oppression that experience daily, especially when the non-existent complaints about a person that they don't care about tear them down so consistently. I stand right behind you (and a little bit too close) in solidarity and outrage.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Dec 14, 16 13:37
Quote Reply
Re: Interior Secretary - Zinke [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:

I am sooooo glad so that many oppressed triathletes can come here to the Lava Room and find a safe zone where they open up about the oppression that experience daily, especially when the non-existent complaints about a person that they don't care about tear them down so consistently. I stand right behind you (and a little bit too close) in solidarity and outrage.

fify

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Interior Secretary - Zinke [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:

I am sooooo glad so that many oppressed triathletes can come here to the LR and find a safe zone where they open up about the oppression that experience daily, especially when the non-existent complaints about a person that they don't care about tear them down so consistently. I stand right behind you (and a little bit too close) in solidarity and outrage.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Oh, right. You don't have a sense of humor. Never mind.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A hunter from a western state who opposes public land transfer... I, personally, and many of the hunting/conservation and backcountry groups which I am a part of agree that this is a very good pick.
Quote Reply
Re: Interior Secretary - Zinke [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
A hunter from a western state who opposes public land transfer... I, personally, and many of the hunting/conservation and backcountry groups which I am a part of agree that this is a very good pick.

This aspect of Zinke's politics is one I wholeheartedly agree with. I use public lands a lot, for cycling, skiing, hiking, and hunting. The Republican agenda to divest public lands has always disturbed me, and I'm glad to see that Zinke will be bucking that trend.
Quote Reply