Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fusion Technology, any one pay attention to this? [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.techtimes.com/...onfirmed-to-work.htm

Did you see this story? Apparently it has funding from a variety of international sources.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Fusion Technology, any one pay attention to this? [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take from this what you will. The project is based in Germany and includes international scientists. I wonder how much sleep they get?

http://www.space.com/...n-reactor-works.html

I know it seems impossible, but isn't Donald Trump your new President? Who knows what could happen and how soon?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Re: Fusion Technology, any one pay attention to this? [aironagstring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See? If you weren't so sleep deprived, you might have been quick enough to post that story first.

;)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Fusion Technology, any one pay attention to this? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
See? If you weren't so sleep deprived, you might have been quick enough to post that story first.

;)

As an infant poster I thought I shouldn't start more than one thread per week. I starting to learn a few of the other unwritten LR rules. But yes, I wouldn't be fucking up so much if I got my solid8

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Re: Fusion Technology, any one pay attention to this? [aironagstring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am Canadian.
Quote Reply
Re: Fusion Technology, any one pay attention to this? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a very interesting article. The Tokamak is already being scaled up to a full size test unit, I wonder how long until this happens to a stellarator? What was the power output during the half hour runs?
Quote Reply
Re: Fusion Technology, any one pay attention to this? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
we already have fusion technology and have been using it longer than youve been alive.

News to me.

Unless you just mean we've created fusion reactions. That's not exactly "having and using" fusion technology.

Bombs my friend. Bombs.

I assumed it was an oblique reference to harnessing power from the sun, which is basically just one big fusion reactor, and using it to grow plants...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triagain3 wrote:
That is a very interesting article. The Tokamak is already being scaled up to a full size test unit, I wonder how long until this happens to a stellarator? What was the power output during the half hour runs?
I believe that the problem with the Tokamak is that it consumes more energy that it produces due to the very short time period it can actually run before it has to shut down.

The stellarator on the other hand has shown more potential during tests

http://phys.org/...lstein-x-fusion.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next