Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How big a fight is Tillerson [IronTaint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronTaint wrote:
Duffy wrote:
You've been exposed to too much fake news.

Before you claim he's firing up the ovens maybe you should wait until he's at least sworn in.

So far I like what I see (for the most part).

My mind is open. You should try opening yours.

I'm only responding to his own words. Perhaps I'm foolish to take a president-elect at his word.

Post the quote where he said certain American citizens would be treated as second class citizens because of their religion.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronTaint wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Before you claim he's firing up the ovens maybe you should wait until he's at least sworn in.

I'm only responding to his own words. Perhaps I'm foolish to take a president-elect at his word.

You're definitely foolish to take him at his word, especially the words he used while campaigning. It's pretty clear he said what he thought would get him elected.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: How big a fight is Tillerson [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
IronTaint wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Post the quote where he said certain American citizens would be treated as second class citizens because of their religion.

With video:

http://www.cnn.com/...mosque-surveillance/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/21/politics/trump-muslims-surveillance/

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-says-he-would-certainly-implement-muslim-database-n466716

Quote Reply
Re: How big a fight is Tillerson [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the more I read about Tillerson, the more I think he may be stellar. I'd imagine Sessions is the guy dems will most likely try to put up a wall on. They can use the word "RACIST!!!" in their opposition, so I think that will be most attractive politically.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't think we are currently conducting surveillance at Mosques?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gosh. He'd probably drop drone bombs on weddings, too!

https://www.democracynow.org/...dding_into_a_funeral

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I've no way to know. If we are, I hope it's because there was specific intelligence about that mosque, just as we may be monitoring churches and synagogues because of specific intelligence and not because we believe all catholics or jews deserve to be watched.

I hope you're not suggesting we should have that policy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronTaint wrote:
Duffy wrote:
ziggie204 wrote:
Trump has clearly gone a different direction that previous administrations and I'm quite optimistic about how this will turn out and I didn't even vote for the guy. As someone who spends his day leading a business of 250 people, I can tell you that the experience all of these business leaders will bring to the table is invaluable and leadership skills and experience are far more important that specific knowledge. Knowledge can be picked up along the way and good leaders leverage the folks who have it. Tillerson leads a business with how many employees ranging across how many countries? And people still like him, and when I say people, it sounds nearly unanimous among the business community. Having someone with that experience and those skills running a large department like State, I think he'll do well.

I'm pretty much exactly in the same frame of mind as you.

Didn't vote for Trump but so far (he isnt pres yet) I like what I see and I'm very optimistic.

Your "specific knowledge" point is especially well taken with me. When I got into my business I had very little knowledge of what the actual work entailed.

I've also been a manager at a company and the employees that I was in charge of had too train me on what they did. Then I fired two of them.

I think efficacy is the least concern many people on the left have with the Trump administration. I'm sure the administration will be reasonably effective at what it wants to achieve. The issue is what it wants to achieve. Killing people related to terrorists, treating some people as second-class citizens because they share traits with some terrorists, ignoring scientists because you want something else to be true, penalizing people for choosing the wrong parents - These are some of the things that are far more worrisome than whether someone has good business leadership abilities.

And I have little faith that "specific knowledge" will be picked up along the way when the vast majority of the world's experts on climate say one thing and yet the administration is working from a different "specific knowledge."

I have no clue what you mean by the bolded, could you explain what your point is and how Trump is going to punish them?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronTaint wrote:
Duffy wrote:
IronTaint wrote:
Duffy wrote:

With video:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-says-he-would-certainly-implement-muslim-database-n466716

I only watched the first video, but if that is your "proof" you better get a check up from the neck up. You are coming across as have no critical thinking skills.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: How big a fight is Tillerson [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
IronTaint wrote:
Duffy wrote:
IronTaint wrote:
Duffy wrote:

With video:

I only watched the first video, but if that is your "proof" you better get a check up from the neck up. You are coming across as have no critical thinking skills.

Interesting. Poor critical thinking skills is something I've never been accused of, but of course you could be right.
Quote Reply
Re: How big a fight is Tillerson [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This article pretty much sums up all of trumps pick as Randian. Maybe it will finally make sense to those who are shocked he would pick people with disdain for the mission of HR agencies they are tasked to lead. It makes perfect sense to me for such people to be selected. I'm opticimistic some actual reform may take place.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.ec77d84a9dcb

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Last edited by: TheForge: Dec 14, 16 11:35
Quote Reply
Re: How big a fight is Tillerson [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
I kinda think that if all the federal and state UST regulations were eliminated, but the liability provisions of CERCLA remained in place (and made applicable to petroleum products), you'd still be doing pretty much the same thing -- except not spending time dealing with regulators (though you get paid for that time). Nobody will lease property to someone or even sell gasoline products to someone who was not operating a robust self-regulatory program -- something for which you'd be needed.

First, the petroleum exemption will never come out of CERCLA. The oil industry will never allow it.

Second, you're dreaming if you think self-regulation will work. The tens of thousands of LUST sites nationwide attest to this.
Quote Reply
Re: How big a fight is Tillerson [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LUFT.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronTaint wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I've no way to know. If we are, I hope it's because there was specific intelligence about that mosque, just as we may be monitoring churches and synagogues because of specific intelligence and not because we believe all catholics or jews deserve to be watched.

I hope you're not suggesting we should have that policy.

I don't know that watching church services would be feasible. . . .too boring. . . the guys and gals watching would just keep falling asleep. I can't help but nod off a couple times each Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: How big a fight is Tillerson [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
This article pretty much sums up all of trumps pick as Randian. Maybe it will finally make sense to those who are shocked he would pick people with disdain for the mission of HR agencies they are tasked to lead. It makes perfect sense to me for such people to be selected. I'm opticimistic some actual reform may take place.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.ec77d84a9dcb

I cannot stand the Orange clown, but even I can see this is exactly what the guy is doing. just because people want change does t mean they want the same changes. Billionaires and power players fighting for blue collar workers. That's about as comical as it gets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
LUFT.

A LUFT is a LUST, but a LUST is not always a LUFT.

But some people get nervous saying "LUST". I'm pretty sure you're not one of them.
Quote Reply
Re: How big a fight is Tillerson [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And if it becomes a thing, populist sentiment will wear thin fast.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On one hand I could see the tide turning quickly. On the other, I think the leash provided is quite a long one. No one really knows what he plans on doing, but I'm leaning toward attempts at some massive restructuring and those take time to see results. Sometimes the favorable results don't present themselves until long down the road. If we keep flip flopping "changers" it could be even worse.

As far as a lot of his picks go, who better to run organizations you think are FUBAR'd than some of their harshest critics. Dems will say he is doing it to destroy those orgs. Possibly the truth, however unlikely. I'd like to think it's to initiate long overdue sweeping changes in an attempt to right the ship and save the orgs from themselves. That said, the changes you or I think are needed may not be the same as Trump or picks. It's going to be a volatile 4 years if nothing else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump voters wanted a wrecking ball.

Looks like that's what we have here.

People who ar acting surprised are either stupid or just acting.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Same exact thing was said 8 years ago and look where that took us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Same exact thing was said 8 years ago...

Uh, no.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you talking about? Obama's way of thinking was well documented in his books and the company he kept for decades. The only surprise is he wasn't even more destructive, but make no mistake, what damage he did was completely predictable.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Uh, no.

Uh, yeah. Replace trump with Obama and that's exactly why he was voted in. Wrecking ball change. Just because it wasn't the change you agree with doesnt make it less true no matter how many times you think it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
What are you talking about? Obama's way of thinking was well documented in his books and the company he kept for decades. The only surprise is he wasn't even more destructive, but make no mistake, what damage he did was completely predictable.

You just put a lot of thoughts and words into my mouth. My point was Obama was voted in because his electorate wanted wrecking ball change. People that were surprised at what he did were either stupid or acting. Precisely what Duffy said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Uh, no.

Uh, yeah. Replace trump with Obama and that's exactly why he was voted in. Wrecking ball change. Just because it wasn't the change you agree with doesnt make it less true no matter how many times you think it.

There's a yuge difference. Obama was a reaction to W. and the Republican Party.

Trump is a reaction to the entire system, both sides.

Obama was voted in as a change of party. Trump was voted in as a change of the entire D.C. culture.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next