Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SBR Time
Quote | Reply
I have an extra AR receiver, made by CMMG that has been replaced by a brand matching the upper the CMMG was originally mated to. God having two different brand receivers drove my OCD insane. But now I have an extra receiver. I want to do something different. I'm thinking of making a pdw (with proper NFA approvals) in .300 AAC. I've seen such an upper by CMMG, but being this by its nature will be a build, I'm indifferent on matching similar tops. I'm thinking of building something that resembles a Honey Badger and have been looking for an Advanced Armament upper. Any of you guys build something like this with success. I don't see me ever running this supersonic, but the flexibility would be nice.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what in the fuck I just read
Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [Dixie Normus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then you probably can't help me. Let me summarize. Anybody build a .300 SBR? And what upper did you use? I want to use the AAC brand upper, but can't find one retail.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [Dixie Normus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what in the fuck I just read

I have no clue either but I think it has something to do with his triathlon time...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honey Badger don't care.
Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if I want to go sub 9 inch or go with a BCM 9 inch. Hell, CMMG has a 9 or pistol length that will work two, then it will match the lower. Being an NFA item, the resale value isn't impacted as much. This will be a range toy, or even something I keep in the closet if I determine reliability is spot on. I mean, I can make any gun reliable with enough time and effort.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Evidently you haven't seen the video
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBR?!?!

Take that shit to the tri forum!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just build as a pistol and use a brace. SBRing is for fools now...

Go 10.5 for 300blk and use an adjustable gas block.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Receiver is designated rifle. I bought it before I knew you should designate all receivers pistol. So I can't make a pistol with it. You can make a pistol a rifle and back. You can't make a rifle a pistol. Yes it is stupid.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New stripped receiver: $49

NFA stamp: $200

PS I was wrong, use the 9" barrel. Early post....

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I could buy a new lower and create a pistol. But that doesn't address the issue I have now. An extra receiver that is designated for a rifle. Were I going to go and buy a new rifle setup, I would have gone the pistol route. But this is largely an impulse fight. If I'm going to buy a new gun, its going to be an M11 (sig sauer) for cold weather carry.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
220, 221 whatever it takes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just built a 10.5" PDW in 5.56 that looks quite a bit like the Honey Badger.

I used the CMT UHP15PDW lower. It is pretty bad-ass. Cannot help you with the .300 AAC.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something like this?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. But with it his stock.

https://www.rainierarms.com/...ct-carbine-stock-ccs

Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep I found that last night.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Build a 50beowulf cannon with the spare rifle receiver.

It might your hurt dainty shoulder though.
Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My shoulder? What are you nuts? You saw the pics.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might be big but that doesn't mean you're not a puss. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've awoken with a sore shoulder the next day after heavy rifle or shot gun sessions. But never been impacted the day of to answer your question. With that said, there have been only two rifles I did not like at all. I had a cheap Remington (783 or something like that from walmart) in 30-06. That rifle was way too light for that round and just not fun to shoot (accurate though). And a bolt action barrett .50 bmg. That fucking sucked. Semi-auto was much better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you buy that stock already? I thought about it, but there were some complaints.

I bought this one for my second SBR build:

https://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/...ock-system-pdw-stock

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: SBR Time [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. This is still in the rough idea phase. I don't have the need for another 16 - 20 inch AR-15, so I want to try something different. The issue I see is that if it isn't professionally built rifle, there are issues across different ammo. So it may be good for hypersonic, or subsonic, but maybe not both. First thing I should do is simply apply for the stamp while this is just some impulse idea.

Quote Reply