Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump building up military [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
It's going to be a long 4 years for you.

Seriously? No I don't and it will be interesting to see how comes up with the money to do all the things he say's he'll do, should be a fun 4 years...lol

I wrote it in pink to show I wasn't being serious...and I agree it will be a fun for years.

Very easy to envision Trump over the next four years spending most of his time putting out fires that he started himself.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump building up military [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to see if Trump will be able to continue the stock market rally that Obama started.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Trump building up military [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
I think this is fantastic. I'm guessing since he is such a great businessman the tools he is talking about is how to manage budgets. The military is a colossal black hole of finances. Much like the rest of government. They don't need more money, they need to manage it better and be held accountable when they don't. I'm sure the military has made strides in being more efficient with less over the last few years, but some people just like to whine about not having enough money instead of making things work with what they have.

No, they haven't. See the link I posted above - the Pentagon refuses to tackle the problems they know full well exist.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump building up military [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

I think this is fantastic. I'm guessing since he is such a great businessman the tools he is talking about is how to manage budgets. The military is a colossal black hole of finances. Much like the rest of government. They don't need more money, they need to manage it better and be held accountable when they don't. I'm sure the military has made strides in being more efficient with less over the last few years, but some people just like to whine about not having enough money instead of making things work with what they have.

No, they haven't. See the link I posted above - the Pentagon refuses to tackle the problems they know full well exist.

Don't mistake the Pentagon with the military. The Dept of Defense is more than just the military, and the article you cited talks more about civilian and contractor administrative and bureaucratic waste than military waste. That's certainly not to say that the military side has everything wired, but it's worthwhile to understand the distinction.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shirley you can't be serious. Any fires started by the Don will be put out by this hot little number.

cerveloguy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
It's going to be a long 4 years for you.

Seriously? No I don't and it will be interesting to see how comes up with the money to do all the things he say's he'll do, should be a fun 4 years...lol

I wrote it in pink to show I wasn't being serious...and I agree it will be a fun for years.

Very easy to envision Trump over the next four years spending most of his time putting out fires that he started himself.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump building up military [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shirley you can't be serious. Any fires started by the Don will be put out by this hot little number.

She kind of gives me the creeps with her fake smile but to each his own...

Quote Reply
Re: Trump building up military [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

She kind of gives me the creeps with her fake smile but to each his own...

More into the sophisticate sincere down to earth liberal ladies?

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Trump building up military [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"More into the sophisticate sincere down to earth liberal ladies? "

Blondie gives me the creeps also. Trump's paid mouth piece reminds me of the typical drunk bar fly to be found in any C & W dive bar on any Saturday night. You know the type - with "fuck me" almost written across her forehead. Besides, it should be all about women's rights, not right wing women.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"More into the sophisticate sincere down to earth liberal ladies? "

Blondie gives me the creeps also. Trump's paid mouth piece reminds me of the typical drunk bar fly to be found in any C & W dive bar on any Saturday night. You know the type - with "fuck me" almost written across her forehead. Besides, it should be all about women's rights, not right wing women.

I thought this was worthy of quoting before you edited it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I thought this was worthy of quoting before you edited it. "

Isn't she the chick that is always on CNN commentary defending the Donald at all cost, even against groping allegations, etc? If so, I rest my case. If not, its a case of mistaken identity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure he doesn't see the internal irony there.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump building up military [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm sure he doesn't see the internal irony there. "

Guess I don't have the secret handshake. Obviously I might have missed something. Care to explain? Would appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"I'm sure he doesn't see the internal irony there. "

Guess I don't have the secret handshake. Obviously I might have missed something. Care to explain? Would appreciate it.

Are you familiar with the terms stereotype and bigoted?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Are you familiar with the terms stereotype and bigoted? "

Are you talking about the Donald again?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need a secret handshake, you just need to not be a smug, self-righteous hypocrite.

You just tried to say it "should be about women's rights," whatever "it" is. But apparently only if they have the same opinion as you, and if not, then you resort to misogynistic slurs.

You're quite the ally, CG. A real white knight.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
You don't need a secret handshake, you just need to not be a smug, self-righteous hypocrite.

You just tried to say it "should be about women's rights," whatever "it" is. But apparently only if they have the same opinion as you, and if not, then you resort to misogynistic slurs.

You're quite the ally, CG. A real white knight.

You might be over reacting. I didn't realize that bar-fly and blondie were mysoginistic slurs.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump building up military [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eh. CG is all for women's rights as long as he agrees with the woman in question. He doesn't like Conway's politics, though, so his take on her is, "she looks like a slut to me."

Last edited by: vitus979: Dec 13, 16 7:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Eh. CG is all for women's rights as long as he agrees with the woman in question. He doesn't like Conway's politics, thought, so his take on her is, "she looks like a slut to me."

Meh. I've always enjoyed her. But then again I like smart, quick-witted, strong women. I don't like what she says generally, but damn can she spin an arguement.

Back to the topic, isn't Trump trying to strongarm the builders of war machines through twitter to bring down costs? This would free billions, if I read the news stories correctly. With just a couple tweets he cost Boeing a couple billions didn't he?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Re: Trump building up military [aironagstring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But then again I like smart, quick-witted, strong women. I don't like what she says generally, but damn can she spin an arguement.

We're in total agreement.

Back to the topic, isn't Trump trying to strongarm the builders of war machines through twitter to bring down costs? This would free billions, if I read the news stories correctly. With just a couple tweets he cost Boeing a couple billions didn't he?

Eh. He hasn't cost Boeing anything yet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
But then again I like smart, quick-witted, strong women. I don't like what she says generally, but damn can she spin an arguement.

Probably a good time to pick up some Boeing Stock. Still up for 5 day and beyond, down over a percent today though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

http://www.marketwatch.com/...0-million-2016-12-06

He certainly shook them up for a moment!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

Not really. There is a huge difference between tweeting and governing. Congress has a huge say in the matter.
Quote Reply

Prev Next