Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beat Army
Quote | Reply
Really nothing else to say.
Quote Reply
Re: Beat Army [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Army has already won the uniformal matchup. The game is theirs.

Suck it Navy.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Beat Army [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course, both lost to Air Force.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Beat Army [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't care either way. I just want to be disagreeable.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Played for Army under Homer Smith and then Lou Saban

i think our motto back then was "we may not be big but we're slow"

GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Option v option aka old school football
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that was a nice QB run.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Beat Army [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think we needed to go for that first down instead of punting right now.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We sing second for first time in a long time

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Beat Army [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
We sing second for first time in a long time

/r

Congratulations. I'm glad we came back to make it a game in the second half.

I wonder if Navy will reconsider it's schedule next year. I think Army had 2 weeks off prior to this game, and Navy's played 8 straight weeks. That, plus a bunch of key injuries made for tough sledding today. That said, Army played good solid tough football. Those LBs are pretty tough. Navy just couldn't get going on offense. Army controlled the clock, even though they had more turnovers.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it was good to sing second for once in a long time.

Navy has a great team and i cheer for it every day of the year save one.

Fair Seas and Following Winds

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you catch Mr. Trump throwing a little shade at the quality of football during his halftime interview?

Couldn't help himself.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
it was good to sing second for once in a long time.

Navy has a great team and i cheer for it every day of the year save one.

Fair Seas and Following Winds

/r

Yeah, I'll never complain about winning Army/Navy, but a rivalry is always better when both teams are competitive. It seems like Army took a step forward this season, which is good to see.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i did

i also enjoyed a GREAT college football game watching N Dakota State vs S Dakota State. These type games are--to me--what colllege football is supposed to be.

Sure, i enjoy watching Bama play Auburn and games like that--but that's a sort of morphed distorted view of what *at least i think* college football is supposed to be about

i knew that long ago. at 250lbs i was one of the biggest players one the Army D-line. i recalled we played Penn State and their running backs were bigger than me. I got Matt Suhey's footprint right in my chest.

on my very best day i was just an average collegiate level football player. Have said that. I am VERY proud to have played for Army. It means a lot to me/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't a bad game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
i did

i also enjoyed a GREAT college football game watching N Dakota State vs S Dakota State. These type games are--to me--what colllege football is supposed to be.

Sure, i enjoy watching Bama play Auburn and games like that--but that's a sort of morphed distorted view of what *at least i think* college football is supposed to be about

i knew that long ago. at 250lbs i was one of the biggest players one the Army D-line. i recalled we played Penn State and their running backs were bigger than me. I got Matt Suhey's footprint right in my chest.

on my very best day i was just an average collegiate level football player. Have said that. I am VERY proud to have played for Army. It means a lot to me/r

It's a testament to the quality of coaching, leadership, determination, etc at the Academies that they remain reasonably competitive in college football, given that so many teams are basically semi-pro these days. I've got a couple N-stars from beating Army's gymnastics team while I was there. The Army/Navy rivalry obviously infects every sport.

You could have worse footprints on your chest than Suhey's. I remember watching him play with and block for Payton back in the day.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suck it, semen.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suck it squids.

Steve that Dakota game was really good but didn't get to finish it. No dog in the fight but nice football.

Finished out the night with a fellow 11B talking about the old days. All is good in the world.

Hopefully next year the do a similar uniform inspired by the WWII Screaming Eagles.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: Beat Army [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From your mouth to Nike's ear brother.

i would love to see a football uniform based on the 101st at next year's Army Navy game. Ideally the 506th would figure prominently.

take good care

/r

Steve
Quote Reply