Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.”
Quote | Reply
I would expect as much from a department within the corrupt UN.

http://www.thehill.com/...dom-when-it-comes-to

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cue Iron Mike rushing to WHO's defense...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're working for the UN, so that's probably why they stopped making music. Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Pretty much. I almost took a stab at him in the OP, but figured enough of you would get where I was going. The UN is indefensible as far as I'm concerned. I actually thought somewhat higher of the WHO, despite knowing a lot of money that goes to it is defalcated or flat out used for morally bankrupt purposes.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I call b.s.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just made the whole story up. Quotes and all?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See sphere's thread about alternate universes.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

I wouldn't be shocked to find this story to be true, but it does have a certain feeling of "I got kicked out of a meeting and now I'm pissed so screw the WHO, I'm writing a hatchet piece on them."

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

I wouldn't be shocked to find this story to be true, but it does have a certain feeling of "I got kicked out of a meeting and now I'm pissed so screw the WHO, I'm writing a hatchet piece on them."

This is exactly what im thinking. The UN and WHO have banned a few individual reporters in the past, usually for being disruptive, but as far as i know, they've never banned an entire news organization.

Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's generally my take on it.

I like the bit about, "The UN is supposed to be the organization most committed to protecting freedom of the press." lol. Really? Since when?

Waaaaaah.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

I like the bit about, "The UN is supposed to be the organization most committed to protecting freedom of the press." lol. Really? Since when?

Waaaaaah.

Yeah, that was a really poor way to start the article, and cast the rest of it in a suspicious light.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Waaaaaah.

Yeah, that was a really poor way to start the article, and cast the rest of it in a suspicious light.

Good thing the US voted in a guy who loves the press so much and treats them with respect.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
slowguy wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Waaaaaah.

Good thing the US voted in a guy who loves the press so much and treats them with respect.

And would certainly never ban them!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I thought Pete Townsend was good but the band was just okay.
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thehill is a pretty respected organization in most political circles. If this were coming from Breitbart or Mother Jones, maybe even the Daily Beast...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
slowguy wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

This is exactly what im thinking. The UN and WHO have banned a few individual reporters in the past, usually for being disruptive, but as far as i know, they've never banned an entire news organization.
Google can be your friend if you want to validate or invalidate the claims. Looks pretty damn true to me.

http://www.philstar.com/...80/need-transparency
http://www.forbes.com/...lation/#151ead81cfdf
http://dailycaller.com/...-tobacco-conference/
Quote Reply
Re: WHO doesn't want "want people to know what we’re doing.” [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I thought Pete Townsend was good but the band was just okay.
Who?

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply