Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Unions a microcosm of the Establishment Left
Quote | Reply
https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.41e61f2bdc70

Union leaders lambast Trump, while the rank and file voted for him. Personally I divide unions into 3 categories, traditional union members, service unions, and parasitic public unions.

Everyone I know in traditional unions aka the trades/blue collar loved Trump. Everyone I know in public service unions (excluding cops and firefighters who also loved Trump) voted for Hillary. (I don't know or talked politics with people in service unions except reporters and that is not representative of that sector, except my doormen, who all liked Trump). If the unions decentralized and actually started representing their members I think their relevancy would rebound.

For the record I fully support private unions and loathe public unions.

Side note, anyone else amused that the unions are worried their finances are going to be inspected? Hmm, why's that?
Quote Reply
Re: Unions a microcosm of the Establishment Left [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow windy, you're on a roll today.
Quote Reply
Re: Unions a microcosm of the Establishment Left [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Wow windy, you're on a roll today.

Duffy inspired me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" the rank and file voted for him."

The blue collar/working class in typical trade unions voted for Trump en mass, but looking at his potential cabinet picks they seem strictly elitist who in come cases are very much anti union/blue collar/working class. This could be a huge con job. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll be keeping my pop corn handy for the next four years.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Dec 9, 16 18:05
Quote Reply
Re: Unions a microcosm of the Establishment Left [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

The blue collar/working class in typical trade unions voted for Trump en mass, but looking at his potential cabinet picks they seem strictly elitist who in come cases are very much anti union/blue collar/working class. This could be a huge con job. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll be keeping my pop corn handy for the next four years.

Here's the thing, he's rich, they know he's rich, they expect him to have a private plane, hot wife, and rich friends. They expect him to act like a motherfucking baller. Who would you have him pick for the cabinet: a journeyman carpenter? All they want is change.
Quote Reply
Re: Unions a microcosm of the Establishment Left [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

You're only wrong in that you follow along with what the mainstream wants you to think But it's the easy and popular thing to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Unions a microcosm of the Establishment Left [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You're only wrong in that you follow along with what the mainstream wants you to think But it's the easy and popular thing to do."

Well, I've never thought many of your posts are right (right wing maybe, but not right as in correct. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved when the UMWA endorsed Obama, "hey you coal miners, go vote against your livelihood"... The rank and file are getting sick of being told who to vote for. My father, a teamster, laughs about how ignorant his coworkers voting for trump were.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply