Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for Product Reviewers
Quote | Reply
I have designed and developed a new product for indoor trainer riders called Bike Trainer Tape. The product is a custom designed insulating tape that eliminates the need to swap out your good tires with bad tires every time you want to go from indoor riding to outdoor riding. I'm looking for small group (5-10) of heavy users of their indoor trainers to try the product for free in exchange for feedback and completing an Amazon review. You can message me here or reach me on Facebook @biketrainertape or steve@biketrainertape.com if you want to be included in the reviewer group.

Steve
Last edited by: shaidar: Dec 8, 16 7:22
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Product Reviewers [shaidar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a quick and easy solution. I am a heavy trainer user, but many, many years ago, I bought a cheap rear wheel from Performance Bikes and use a trainer tire on it. I'm a heavy user of the trainer and have multiple bikes that do trainer duty. When it's time for a swap, I just change the trainer wheel...easy peasy.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Product Reviewers [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but can be a minor pain for a TT event warm up to swap out wheels depending on your skill level with horizontal drop outs. I said minor and one might not have a separate trainer wheel. all going to depend on the individual
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Product Reviewers [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never thought about using Bike Trainer Tape for TT event warmup. What a great idea. Thanks Jeff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a great idea for Time Trials! I have had my tire blow twice during a TT due to wheel rub after switching it out after my warm-up. With horizontal drop outs it can be a PIA to change wheels prior to heading out to the course. On a P2 you have to be careful to make sure everything is perfectly centered. It would be much easier to just remove the tape.
Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Product Reviewers [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
but can be a minor pain for a TT event warm up to swap out wheels depending on your skill level with horizontal drop outs. I said minor and one might not have a separate trainer wheel. all going to depend on the individual

FYI the Omnium trainer is really excellent for this application. Last November I did a fair number of long rides on it with a GP TT on the rear wheel and (probably 500 miles) and didn't observe any wear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am currently riding every day on my trainer and my wife is riding every other day. I would be very interested in testing your product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We should probably put this tape on the bikes taking part in the wind tunnel test.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i pulled an abusive post and all the fruit of that post (posts that reply to that post). this post was from a new account, first time post, and violated our forum rules. needless to say that user is banned.

carry on!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Product Reviewers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed him and I am going to try the product.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I reviewed Steve's product a while back and found it pretty useful/handy to throw on my race tire before the start of a TT to warm up on the trainer.

It's not the reinvention of the wheel, but I think it's great to have it in the race bag to save the time/hassle of changing wheels before a race. As for the home trainer... depends on how lethargic you are to change out wheels/tires. I've got a dedicated wheel w/ a trainer tire, so it's not necessary for me, but if you only use the trainer once in a while (like when the weather forces you) it seems like a good solution.

YMMV

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply