Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The media is overstepping their bounds on this one...
Quote | Reply
I won't name names because I don't want to contribute to the madness, but I'm referring to the female jogger who was abducted in California and found on Thanksgiving day.

Every time I open up Yahoo news there is a story about this woman, showing her photos. They do it because it is sensational story (true or false) and because she's attractive.

If this woman is a victim, then they are victimizing her again. They won't name a rape victim, but they'll name her and post her photo all over the place. I think this is disgusting on the media's part and they should be ashamed.

Anyone else bothered by this?
Quote Reply
Re: The media is overstepping their bounds on this one... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems to me that the husband is doing most of the overstepping, since he's giving up information that the sheriff's dept doesn't want out there because it may taint their investigation. I'm not really sure why he's continually yapping to the press.
Quote Reply
Re: The media is overstepping their bounds on this one... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is the intensity of focus is proportional to the scandalous revelations they're anticipating.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: The media is overstepping their bounds on this one... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
My guess is the intensity of focus is proportional to the scandalous revelations they're anticipating.

Agree.

It'll be interesting to hear how this story's blanks are filled in over time, but thus far, this whole thing sounds wayyyyy fishy.

I'd be curious to hear what this guy thinks of it...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Re: The media is overstepping their bounds on this one... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

That's my take, something doesn't seem right and they are just waiting for it to break.

Although wasn't there a similar case in southern CA recently that apparently wrapped up without any revelations that something more was going on?
Quote Reply
Re: The media is overstepping their bounds on this one... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
sphere wrote:

That's my take, something doesn't seem right and they are just waiting for it to break.

Although wasn't there a similar case in southern CA recently that apparently wrapped up without any revelations that something more was going on?

Maybe "something just doesn't seem right" because we are constantly reminded in news stories that "something just doesn't seem right".

Maybe it went down as the lady says it went down and the news media is just trying to sell ad space.

Maybe.

#fakenews

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: The media is overstepping their bounds on this one... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it doesn't seem right because she alleges a horrific crime by people who aren't normally associated with that sort of thing which is weird as shit. Her husband went on 20/20 for an interview, and is weird as shit. And there is some self-proclaimed hostage negotiator involved in the case out looking for publicity that is weird as shit.

When you have two people involved in an allegedly horrific but weird as shit crime out looking for coverage that are both weird as shit it makes people think something is up.

It is hard to blame the media for paying attention when people intimately involved in the crime are out looking for media attention. Beside, we all know crimes against blondes get more attention.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The media is overstepping their bounds on this one... [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erin C. wrote:
..... taint ......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't open Yahoo!

Fixed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If we only had 6-7 seconds of video....
Quote Reply
Re: The media is overstepping their bounds on this one... [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Don't open Yahoo!

Fixed.

Isn't that the truth?! But where would I find all my coverage on the Kardashians?
Quote Reply