Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Piranhaman DL 226
Quote | Reply
Haven't noticed a thread about this. Draft legal full distance.

How much of interest will this generate for non WTC full ?

https://www.piranha-sports.com/Page478.aspx

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Piranhaman DL 226 [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started one the other day. Anyone interested in registering together to save 20%?
Quote Reply
Re: Piranhaman DL 226 [JBfly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did see your thread but it wasn't until I got the email from Piranha that I realized it was draft legal. Given the usual complaints post WTC races about blatant drafting I am curious how much interest this race will draw.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will be my first full and I'm aiming for completion, not racing, and bike is my weakest part, so I wasn't too worried about it being draft legal. Do you think this will make a difference for people in the back, or just competitive racers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in Maryland and have done a few of their races. The Diamond in the Rough Tri that they put on is a fun race. They put on a pretty good event. However, most of their races are not USAT sanctioned so results do not go towards your AG rankings and I'm guessing this is why this is a draft legal race. They also allow athletes to wear wet suits any time, regardless of water temp.
Last edited by: crujones#33: Dec 7, 16 9:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Draft legal full, does this mean road bikes only?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Piranhaman DL 226 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It says Triathlon or Road bikes with aero bars are allowed.

Draft Legal: This is a draft legal course. Flat, fast, and non-technical course. Triathlon or Road Bikes are allowed with aero bars. Some guidelines will be offered at a later date such as consideration of being in drops when drafting, slowing down at turns, and limiting draft train (6 or less individuals). As always, it is the responsibility of each athlete to operate their cycling safely.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: alien: Dec 8, 16 8:42
Quote Reply
Re: Piranhaman DL 226 [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alien wrote:
It says Triathlon or Road bikes with aero bars are allowed.

Draft Legal: This is a draft legal course. Flat, fast, and non-technical course. Triathlon or Road Bikes are allowed with aero bars. Some guidelines will be offered at a later date such as consideration of being in drops when drafting, slowing down at turns, and limiting draft train (6 or less individuals). As always, it is the responsibility of each athlete to operate their cycling safely.

So, smaller packs than the typical WTC race? :)

These are guidelines and not rules. Not sure I would want to be in the typical AG field with people you know will be drafting in big groups while in aero. I just don't see the attraction for long course draft legal races
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the BEST circumstance, you are looking at 120 people for a non-WTC Iron distance in the first year.

You'll have no trouble avoiding draft packs.
Quote Reply