Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speaking of Smug Liberals (which is Totally a Myth)...
Quote | Reply
What kind of asshat retires and asks for donations to be retired? BTW -

Quote:
The doctor was an original member of Greenpeace and served as a medic on the environmental group's campaigns to save the whales in the 1970s. According to his letter, he spent four years circumnavigating the globe by sailboat after his time with Greenpeace.

Had money for that, I guess he should have been better at saving rather than spending.
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Smug Liberals (which is Totally a Myth)... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure he's a smug liberal, but he's an asshat for sure.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Smug Liberals (which is Totally a Myth)... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of people regardless of political stripes have to worry about retirement. But after 48 yrs in medical practice he should have planned a bit better, but then nobody knows what his circumstances were. But begging to your patients is a bit over the top.

BTW - what have you got against saving whales?
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Smug Liberals (which is Totally a Myth)... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Lots of people regardless of political stripes have to worry about retirement. But after 48 yrs in medical practice he should have planned a bit better, but then nobody knows what his circumstances were. But begging to your patients is a bit over the top.

BTW - what have you got against saving whales?

And suggesting how they might set up a recurring credit card payment, including a form to do so, etc is just asshattery.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Smug Liberals (which is Totally a Myth)... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a bit unusual for sure. Never heard anything like it. But who knows, maybe he's got some grateful patients.

He obviously doesn't have a navy pension despite all his time at sea. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Smug Liberals (which is Totally a Myth)... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He obviously has no pension to speak of. Not sure why he thinks people owe him a living.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He must be desperate. Sad to see a man who was dedicated to helping the world and people ending up like this. Self employed people don't have pensions so they have to prepare for that. In many ways I sometimes think I was fool. Had I worked for government like my three cousins, I could be retired by now. Just glad my wife is a teacher and has a good retirement plan. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Sad to see a man who was dedicated to helping the world and people ending up like this.

In my younger years I was very active in Greenpeace (stuff I can't even talk about still). You're just going to have to trust me when OI say this....

They are absolutely NOT dedicated to helping the world.

I severed ties with them when I realized they weren't in it to help the environment. That's just a cover.

They are 100% pure watermelons.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
He must be desperate. Sad to see a man who was dedicated to helping the world and people ending up like this. Self employed people don't have pensions so they have to prepare for that. In many ways I sometimes think I was fool. Had I worked for government like my three cousins, I could be retired by now. Just glad my wife is a teacher and has a good retirement plan. :-)

you take over a month of holidays in the Caribbean every winter, scuba diving no less. Cry me a river.
Quote Reply