Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Army/Navy uniforms
Quote | Reply
Not bad for either side this year. Quite frankly, I'm happy Navy didn't go with the hand-painted ships on the helmets again this year.

http://www.sbnation.com/...t-army-uniforms-2016

Army's look sharp. I'd proclaim Navy's inevitable victory, but with starting QB and Tailback out, I'm less confident than I'd like to be.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Army/Navy uniforms [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I kinda liked the hand painted helmets, but I am with you - sharp! I really like the "clean" look of the Navy uniforms.

Some may think the Army uniforms are a bit over the top, but I think those are bad-ass!

I would like to think Army will give you semen a good game, but I think it will be another Navy blowout.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Army/Navy uniforms [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I kinda liked the hand painted helmets, but I am with you - sharp! I really like the "clean" look of the Navy uniforms.

Some may think the Army uniforms are a bit over the top, but I think those are bad-ass!

I would like to think Army will give you semen a good game, but I think it will be another Navy blowout.

I like the Army uniforms except for the numbers, and the shoulder flag, which looks like they've got it on backwards.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the numbers are not readable. I did not notice the flag at first, but you are correct -- it is on backwards. I hope someone caught that and corrected it. That is kinda a big mistake.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I feel better. Evidently, the WWII uniforms had the flag in that direction, so it is intentional.

Pretty cool history here: https://www.beatnavyuniform.com/

Bad-ass!!!

Helmet mimics WWII helmet w/ net.

Quote Reply
Re: Army/Navy uniforms [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the bit about the 48 star flag, but didn't see it worn in that direction. Maybe I just didn't see the right picture. Regardless, the numbers are the part I like least. I get that they reflect the Airborne patch, but they look odd on the chest.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer the ships on the helmets. But those are pretty sweet uniforms. I have noticed more hype for the game this year. A couple cousins graduated from the Naval Academy and I see a lot of hype on their feed.

Is there a reason for the hype or am I just noticing it more?
Quote Reply
Re: Army/Navy uniforms [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Os Fan wrote:
I prefer the ships on the helmets. But those are pretty sweet uniforms. I have noticed more hype for the game this year. A couple cousins graduated from the Naval Academy and I see a lot of hype on their feed.

Is there a reason for the hype or am I just noticing it more?

I think you're just noticing it more.

Slowguy

Last edited by: slowguy: Dec 6, 16 18:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like both but Army wins the uniformal matchup.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Navy uniforms made me think of Fat Albert right away. I like them better than last year's uniforms though
Last edited by: windywave: Dec 6, 16 21:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My cousin played D-line in the mid 90s for Navy. So I gotta go for them. Both the uniforms look great though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard Navy doesn't have position names anymore, just numbers that relate to jobs in the NFL so they are more marketable when they get out.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even with the Cavs and Cubs winning this year, and a couple of notable starters for Navy hurt, I agree with your assessment but I don't think this is the year that the streak is broken and Army wins.

Really like the Army's uniforms this year. The Navy's remind me of the uniform from this scene:

I thought all of the Navy stopped wearing the FWU by December?

Go boat drivers!

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to say, although I liked the detail in the Army uniforms in photos, on TV, they kind of just look like gray "color rush" uniforms.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agreed

i guess when u base a uniform on a combat pattern that was designed to help its wearers blend in during the nightscape of Normandy it doesn't leap out so much on modern TV.

now if Navy had based it's uniforms on the "dazzle" camo pattern warships used in WWI that would be cool.

Go Army Beat Navy!

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Army/Navy uniforms [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That pattern might give people seizures on HD TV.

Slowguy

Quote Reply