Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: December Swim Challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats Dev!
Quite an accomplishment.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: December Swim Challenge [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2850 scy this morning, followed by a 5k treadmill run.

250 br,fr w/up
400fr + 50k
350fr + 50k
300fr + 50k
250fr + 50k
200fr + 50k
150fr + 50k
100fr + 50k
500 fr,br cool down

54800 yards total this month.

Have a safe & happy New Year's Eve everyone, "see ya" in '17.
Quote Reply
Re: December Swim Challenge [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks....you all have a part in this. The reality is that for 9 months of this year, the pool was the only time in the day when I was discomfort and pain free and could feel like my "old self". When the pool is your oasis from day to day life, it becomes very motivational to get in the water and go from "beached dolphin" to "happy dolphin" (I use the word dolphin only loosely not to denote my swimming ability, but my ability akin to a beached one on land....largely helpless. I remember one swim back in March when my crutches got "moved" while I was swimming and I needed the lifeguards to go and get them because I did not feel comfortable covering the 15 feet from the edge of the pool to where they were moved.....meanwhile I was cranking off 100K per month in the pool and could barely move 100 centimeters without a leg spasm. But a few times I thought about everything Nelson Mandela achieved from a tiny cell on Robben Island....the box you are confined to does not limit your creativity and your joy. The box known as the pool is pretty awesome

So all that to say, I just put all the energy that I would normally put in swim+run+XC ski+weights, into the pool. It really saved me mentally and later physically! I am just writing my journey entitled the 1.2 million meter long black line.
Quote Reply

Prev Next