Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lodging/Home Stay/Decent Hotel for IM 70.3 Galveston
Quote | Reply
Looking for a reasonable place to stay for Ironman 70.3 Galveston. Any recommendations? Not looking to drop huge bucks on a hotel and Air BnB seems to be filling up fast. Looking for clean, quiet, safe place near the transition so I can get cleaned up and on my way to Houston for my 8pm departure flight. Many thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Lodging/Home Stay/Decent Hotel for IM 70.3 Galveston [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These statements do not go together:

Quote:
reasonable place
Quote:
Not looking to drop huge bucks
Quote:
near the transition

Probably the best you'll be able to do is find someone to split a room with to cut down on your costs. The last time I got away with a reasonable cost room/place to stay for that race was back in 2007 or 2008 when it was the old Lone Star Tri before WTC bought the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Lodging/Home Stay/Decent Hotel for IM 70.3 Galveston [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done this race a few times and stayed at Inn at the Waterpark. It's about a half mile walk from the race, doesn't cost very much and they even start breakfast at 4am the morning of the race. You can either park your car by transition for after the race or just use the hotel parking lot. It's a lot easier to get out after the race if you use the hotel lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for inputs. found an air bob that doesn't seem to be too far from transition. hopefully, it will work out. 98 bucks a night for a carriage house....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it is a true carriage house, it is not near transition. All of the homes that have original carriage houses are on the opposite end of the island. Granted, the island is not that large.
Last edited by: mikealva: Dec 10, 16 16:54
Quote Reply