Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Unemployment - 4.6%! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk has had quite a few whiffs in this thread.

You seemed to hint that the reason the economy is improving is because Obamacare was delayed.

The economy has shown a slow (if unspectacular) and steady rise for 8 years. If Obamacare is responsible for the entire U.S economy, wouldn't the economy have collapsed when Obama passed it? Where are the economic indicators that showed a collapse?

During the election, all I heard was how terrible the economy was and now, a single month later, the same people are saying how great everything is and it's because of Trump and the possible repeal of Obamacare?

That is more important than the world economy, the seasonal demand of consumers, the positive news from OPEC? And, most of the economic data coming out was from before the election.

Trump really is a miracle worker.
Quote Reply
Re: Unemployment - 4.6%! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

You seemed to hint that the reason the economy is improving is because Obamacare was delayed.

Nope, I really didn't. I said:

"Ironic, given it was the delay to the ACA employer mandate that allowed recovery -- to the extent the economy actually has recovered."

The key word there is "allowed" which, according to Websters, means:

give the necessary time or opportunity for.

"they agreed to a ceasefire to allow talks with the government"

"Allowed" does not mean or even imply causation. Thus, I absolutely did not "hint that the reason the economy is improving is because Obamacare was delayed."

The delay to the ACA employer mandate absolutely "gave the necessary time or opportunity for" the recovery (mild as it has been). Had the ACA employer mandate kicked in, it would have not only stopped, but eviscerated any ongoing recovery.

You reading comprehension error seems to be the cause of your whiff.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

The economy has shown a slow (if unspectacular) and steady rise for 8 years. If Obamacare is responsible for the entire U.S economy, wouldn't the economy have collapsed when Obama passed it? Where are the economic indicators that showed a collapse?

During the election, all I heard was how terrible the economy was and now, a single month later, the same people are saying how great everything is and it's because of Trump and the possible repeal of Obamacare?

That is more important than the world economy, the seasonal demand of consumers, the positive news from OPEC? And, most of the economic data coming out was from before the election.

Trump really is a miracle worker.

You realize that interest rates are ZERO right and have been for EIGHT years? The Fed has the pedal to the metal, hitting the nitro button, and lit the rocket assist, and we have shit growth and shit employment statistics. The extra amount of spending in the economy (how many trillion has the debt gone up) and we still have shit growth and shit employment statistics. The market has taken off because they expect pro-growth policies and the rest of the world is SHIT. Our stock market is over-priced and it is not going to get ass pounded, because there is no yield out there and everywhere else sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I don't spend that much time here so help me out in case I am wasting my time. Is this guy disingenuous or stupid? thanks

So I'm stupid because I don't think Presidents should pick and choose which companies he helps? I believe in the free market and Republicans used to also, but if Trump directly talks to one Company to keep them from leaving, the so called Republicans applaud him. If the Democrats did that, there would an outrage and they would be demanding that either all companies are offered the same deal or none.

I also don't think that Obamacare is the reason the economy is recovering. I think the U.S economy is dependent on a lot of things including the world economy, the world price of oil, consumer confidence in the U.S and around the world etc. I don't think it's because of Obama passing Obamacare and I don't think the President is in control of the economy.

You on the other hand applaud Trump for interfering in a company and I hope you are first in line to applaud the government intervention when another 100 companies come forward with a threat to leave the U.S. You want government intervention in business, good for you but I think it's a mistake.

No that's not why I think you are stupid. I think you are stupid because you believe trump issued them tax credits. At least in this case you are using the word "help" which is still wrong. Again until you are willing to acknowledge it was the state of IN that "helped" I am forced to go on thinking you are stupid

I also think you are stupid in so far as you don't understand how free markets work. If you did you would understand states do this all the time for all kinds of reason

Trump didn't provide help. Obama didn't provide help. The U.S. senate and congress didn't provide help. The state on IN provided help as they Should have given their role relative to the free market and the IN taxpayer

I think you are disingenuous because you rip trump and give him credit here (where he accomplished nothing) and then rip the people who give him credit for an improving economy (for which he did nothing).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think trump, when he becomes President should push the congress for wide ranging tax incentives particularly as it relates to manufacturing and the purchase of machinery and infrastructure to accomplish manufacturing. I think this is an important step in stimulating our economy

I think these tax law changes should be uniform art of the federal code which will be taken advantage of differently by various organizations. I don't think any president should step in and target an individual company with specific relief. Be it tax relief or an individual waiver from ACA as the current president has

I believe states should continue to compete with each other and other nations via targeted tax cuts and other incentives direct to companies. I believe that is what happened in the case of Carrier and it was not the first or last time in the state of IN. It's just guys like you are making a big deal out of one phone call from trump
Quote Reply
Re: Unemployment - 4.6%! [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Should be interesting following along for the next four years. Trump, promised so much during the election about business, economic and financial improvements. We'll see how it all goes!

It won't matter at all.If the economy continues to go well, he will take full credit. If it tanks, he will blame Obama: "We are in a big, fat, ugly bubble. And we better be awfully careful. And we have a Fed that's doing political things. This Janet Yellen of the Fed. "

You need a hug. Hope you get one soon.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply

Prev Next