Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Joe Rogan and Scott Adams post election talk [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Anyone listen to the Jon Jones podcast? That guy hasn't matured at ALL. More trouble in his future.

He had the potential to be the greatest MMA fighter in history but he's scrambled eggs between the ears. He seems like he has the emotional and mental intelligence of a 15 year old. He continues to make horrible life decisions and he talks about the significant consequences in the same light as getting a flat tire. It's like he's disconnected from reality.
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Rogan and Scott Adams post election talk [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Adams' analysis essentially pointed to a truism that I learned a long time ago, and that Trump executed far better than any of his competition, Hillary Clinton in particular: if you want to win an argument, you have to win them to you first. Trump was excellent at emoting, and convincing people he felt exactly the same way half of America did, but even more emphatically about those things than they did themselves, and so they paid far less attention to the details, the hedges, and the reversals, because they knew he was on their side.

I'm a regular guest on an economics talk show hosted out of Rollins College. During the Republican primary I commented that there was a very stark difference between Trump and all of the career politicians up on the stage and that Trump was having a conversation with the audience few people were aware of. As you said, he was emoting. Humans have an innate social intelligence. It's running in the background of our minds constantly and we're not even aware of it. It's that "gut" feeling when we think someone is lying to us or if we run across a person that we think might threaten us physically. It's hardwired.

Did I think Trump was going to get the nomination? No. Did I think he was going to win? No. But I did think the whole thing was going to be a lot closer than anyone in the mainstream thought because Trump was doing something that career politicians weren't even capable of understanding.
Quote Reply

Prev Next