Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GO LIONS
Quote | Reply
AWESOME.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: GO LIONS [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
AWESOME.

Being a Lion fan I just expect them to lose when they need to win. Today was no exception BUT they were awesome in the dome. I am going to enjoy the division lead as long as they have it, because we Lion's fans know what it's like to go an entire season without a win, don't we?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: GO LIONS [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
AWESOME.

Being a Lion fan I just expect them to lose when they need to win. Today was no exception BUT they were awesome in the dome. I am going to enjoy the division lead as long as they have it, because we Lion's fans know what it's like to go an entire season without a win, don't we?

This one was Sweeeet, they were not expected to win all we heard all week, was this was going to be a shoot out, the Detroit D couldn't do anything, and the opening drive is a 3 and out. This wasn't a must win game, but it was a sure would be nice to get this win one and they freakin did it they went out and took care of business in just about every area.

Now Coldwell still showed his horrible clock management at the end of the 1st half, and Stafford should have taken that sack on 3rd down, they were well within field goal range and the 30 sec were worth more than the 10yrds lost with a sack.

But now that SOL feeling is coming on strong, cause you know we have a game next week that there is no way in world they should lose to Chicago at home, sooooooooooo....

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear you. I believe their last regular is with the Pack. Before that they have the Bears, Giants and Cowboys. I could see both the Pack and Lions going into the last regular game at Ford Field with both teams being 9/6.

Quote Reply
Re: GO LIONS [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I could see both the Pack and Lions going into the last regular game at Ford Field with both teams being 9/6.

Packers have the Seahawks next week, not sure they'll make it to 9-6.

I've been a Lions fans for a long time but this team seems different. They still have areas of talent deficiency but they seem to at least play up to their talent. It was mentioned during the broadcast today that they lead the league in fewest missed tackles. That's the type of stat that well run teams have, and the Lions haven't had those types of stats for a long time.
Quote Reply
Re: GO LIONS [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
I could see both the Pack and Lions going into the last regular game at Ford Field with both teams being 9/6.

I've been a Lions fans for a long time but this team seems different. They still have areas of talent deficiency but they seem to at least play up to their talent. It was mentioned during the broadcast today that they lead the league in fewest missed tackles. That's the type of stat that well run teams have, and the Lions haven't had those types of stats for a long time.

I want to believe but the minute I do they will go winless.... ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Ahem. Last year you were all doom and gloom, done forever with football, the Lions had finally broke your camel back, etc.

Back so soon?
Quote Reply
Re: GO LIONS [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:

Ahem. Last year you were all doom and gloom, done forever with football, the Lions had finally broke your camel back, etc.

Back so soon?

You really don't understand Lions fans.

We can't go away, cause the nature of this team, the minute you do, they will give you one more screw job by winning it all.

My interest with them ebb's and flows, kids are getting older, so Sunday afternoon volleyball and marching band has dried up and I can watch football again, when they are winning, I keep watching. This year, been having some health issues, so spending more time on the couch so been a good year to watch, Lucky me.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: GO LIONS [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

Lions need the win against the Giants if not they go 1 - 2 and are at 9 - 6 Greenbay goes 2 - 1 and go in at 8 - 7

A Detriot win and they lock up the division a loss and they are tied at 9 - 7 and Greenbay won both head to heads so win the tie breaker.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
aarondb4 wrote:

Back so soon?

We can't go away, cause the nature of this team, the minute you do, they will give you one more screw job by winning it all.

My interest with them ebb's and flows, kids are getting older, so Sunday afternoon volleyball and marching band has dried up and I can watch football again, when they are winning, I keep watching. This year, been having some health issues, so spending more time on the couch so been a good year to watch, Lucky me.

I'll just leave this here...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...s_P5728692/#p5728692
Quote Reply
Re: GO LIONS [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
aarondb4 wrote:

Back so soon?

I'll just leave this here...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...s_P5728692/#p5728692

And your point is??? Yup, last year I was ready to leave them after 50 yrs of watching the same old lions year after year after year after year after year.

But for the same reasons I cam back year after year after year after year, I came back this year. And it really is a different team, they are doing everything different, just finding ways to win at the end of games, winning when they should lose etc...

Last year was pretty pathetic. One thing that has changed, we lost Calvin Johnson, and apperently according to Stafford himself, it made him play smarter, he could no longer lean on the deep ball to calvin, he had to play smarter see more of the field, make better reads. And he has, he is not playing like the same old Stafford.

Again, not sure what your point is, Im sure if you look, you can probably find 2 or 3 other posts of me giving up on this time, but I come back 50yrs running of complete stupidity. Oh and this year as I outlined above has a perfect season ender for the Lions, the Packers vs Lions last game of the season and they get beat on some dumb play, it happens often. Hopefully not and this is not SOL (same old Lions) but I'll enjoy each win as they come, but be prepared for the big pile of dung they will leave us with by the end of the season.

EDIT: man just went back and reread that thread. What a great one. And who would have thought a guy a named Jim Bob Cooter could be the Lions savior..

Just Triing
Last edited by: DavHamm: Dec 6, 16 20:49
Quote Reply