Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

concealment furniture
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any furniture with secret compartments for their guns?

If so, do any of them have a lock or something on it to keep it out of the hands of someone that shouldnt have it?

I know the idea of it being concealed, ideally no-one but those who know would get their hands on a gun, but with a little one that will be running around, obviously that is the last thing I would want, but still want somewhat easy access to it if I need it.

I havent really seen any furniture that has a keypad/code to unlock the compartment, the closest I have seen is a keyfob to unlock the compartment built in, but the draw back there is that they can still be opened pretty easily. I have thought about building my own, and the only real locking mechanism I have found that I like is the stealthlock.

Downside with that is the added price, but it would still be worth it, can anyone think of any other options that would work as well?
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [140.6sj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a couple of safes in closets.

$60 each at Menards.
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J-No wrote:
I have a couple of safes in closets.

$60 each at Menards.

I do the same. I also lock up my ammo in cheap toolboxes from the Princess Auto (Canadian version of Harbour Freight).

I think he's trying to be all tactical and hide guns around the house. Buy a big ass dog, it'll be more effective for home protection and you can pick up all the ladies, including Mrs. Duffy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Um, don't do that. Just get a safe for mass gun storage, and a quick to open box or two for your nigh stand gun and the ones you carry regularly. If you keep on in the car, I recommend a similar box. The usually come with a security cable to.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this was going to be about buying sofas with a fold away bed. (Best investment we ever made when we got married by the way.)

Looks like times have changed.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hoping we'd have a vicious debate about the relative virtues of hiding behind the sofa, under the bed, or under the dining room table. I prefer the first two -- table cloths being so sparse these days.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my couch is excellent at concealing popcorn and lego
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That stealth lock is pretty cool.

I may look into that as my safe is a little small. This way I could lock up the whole cabinet.
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
I thought this was going to be about buying sofas with a fold away bed. (Best investment we ever made when we got married by the way.)

Me too. Or the coffee tables that have amounts of storage or trundle beds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you live in beirut or something?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see some pretty nifty stuff on Facebook

Re: concealment furniture [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:

That was my thought also. I have lived in my house 25 yrs. I can't recall ever hearing about a break in anywhere around here that happened when someone was home.

Also reminded me of an article I read, were they interviewed a bunch of convicts who were B&E guys about what they looked for what deterred them. One of the best lines was I look for NRA bumper stickers, means I can score lots of guns inside.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought an old China cabinet and cut out a hole in the side for the kitty liter box. Works great and conceals the smell.
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

Me too. Or the coffee tables that have amounts of storage or trundle beds.

If I lived in a place where I felt I needed to have guns hidden in my furniture I think I would seriously consider moving.

But that's just me. What the hell do I know?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

That was my thought also. I have lived in my house 25 yrs. I can't recall ever hearing about a break in anywhere around here that happened when someone was home.

Also reminded me of an article I read, were they interviewed a bunch of convicts who were B&E guys about what they looked for what deterred them. One of the best lines was I look for NRA bumper stickers, means I can score lots of guns inside.

A couple of our students had their apartment broken into last week. The only thing they took was their firearms which were in a locked gun cabinet of some sort that they tore off the wall.

One of the more interesting arguments that was made against a referendum to expand background checks to private sales in the last election here was that right now there is very little gun theft in the state because felons and the like can just get guns in private sales, so if the referendum was passed then we'd likely have more robberies to acquire guns for the black market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful and expensive concealment furniture.

https://qlinedesign.com/

Last edited by: jarhead: Dec 5, 16 5:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll look for the business card/website of a company i saw at a show. Their system had a basic keypad lock and other quick release systems built in.
If you have looked I'm sure you have seen things that are close. Full length mirrors that slide away and it's an upright gun rack with lock. There were basic "child proof" type locks to get the mirror to slide away and were at the top so unless the child could reach the top it would match what you are looking for.
Same with some thick book case type shelf's, You need to know how to depress the latch to get it the drawer to slide open. Since it's a self it's higher up on the wall.
Some models had a simple finger print system to open the gun locks, similar to the iphone.

The company I'm thinking of is TacticalWalls.com but I'm sure there are others that are similar.
Last edited by: Garry: Dec 5, 16 8:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep a glock in a serpa holster attached to the underside of my nightstand drawer. You guys are (now) the only people who know about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a small safe with a fingerprint reader in my bedroom and another in the kitchen.
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

What are you using in the car? Got a link? I would like to find some way to lock a gun in my truck but still have somewhat quick access to it.
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:
What are you using in the car? Got a link? I would like to find some way to lock a gun in my truck but still have somewhat quick access to it.

I use a gun vault that I can slide under the passenger seat and is secured with a cable to the seat track
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [Garry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garry wrote:
The company I'm thinking of is TacticalWalls.com but I'm sure there are others that are similar.

X2 on TacticalWalls,com https://tacticalwalls.com/...-full-length-mirror/

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go.

https://www.amazon.com/...-Black/dp/B00GVFD4DI

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have that one.

It sucks. The tri point takes up too much room in the safe. I have to have the pistol sitting just right or it won't shut.
Quote Reply
Re: concealment furniture [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sheeeiiiit partner. I fit a 245 and a 290 in mine. Use it for my carry guns and keep in my garage. Keep a glock 21 in a max bag in the car.

Quote Reply