Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ROW THE BOAT
Quote | Reply
13-0 Impressive season. Congrats to Western Mich. University.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: ROW THE BOAT [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weren't they 21 point favorites in the game tonight?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

Yes, congrats on beating 13 really crappy teams.

Put them directly into the final!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: ROW THE BOAT [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still impressive...they beat two Big 10 teams...they beat 4 bowl eligible teams...their schedule ranked in the 40s, so not terrible. Note they don't get the benefit of playing all their OOC at home.

If they are not in the Cotton Bowl, its a travesty.
Quote Reply
Re: ROW THE BOAT [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

People should have learned the lesson about undefeated teams a long time ago.

In 2007, Boise State went undefeated and were awarded a spot in the Fiesta Bowl. People laughed and said they didn't beat any good teams and didn't deserve to be there. They played the 11-1 Big 12 Champions Oklahoma and beat them. It's still the best football (College or Pro) game I have ever seen.

It's not easy going undefeated and I think a lot of teams would be surprised how good they are. The lower profile teams don't get the media attention or have the glamour, but a lot of them can play football.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Wow, I don't believe I said anything about the ability of the team. Other than they won every game they played.

I have no affiliation with Western, other than I live in Michigan. Well My oldest was accepted there but went somewhere else, and my middle is being recruited by them, among others. But Really how many other teams in College beat every team they play in a season? Not just football but all sports 1% 10%? its a pretty special accomplishment and I don't understand why people want to put them down, for doing everything that was asked of them.

Now if you want my opinion about the Playoff, I guess from what most are saying we now actually have 2 divisions within Div 1 football. The Power 5 Tier 1 Playoff eligible teams and every one else, I mean if a team outside the power 5 wins every game they play and are still laughed at and not even remotely discussed, how can you ever think one of them would ever be in. I don't really care the playoffs to me are just a fun time to watch grown adults get mad over some subjective evaluations on entertainment. But I do think they should go to 8 automatic bid for the power 5 conf. champions and the top rated group of 5 conf. champion. Reward the teams that do what they are suppose to do WIN THEIR CONF. get a reward (which after all for the players thats what this is). Oh and living in SE. Michigan, this year has been highly entertaining, Washington had to go mess this up by winning but maybe Clemson will lose and we will get more drama. Really don't understand all the Mich fans who somehow think they have a chance. Really do they think the Commitee would take 2 big ten teams and neither one even played in the Conf. Championship?

Anyhow Congrats to Western on their Perfect season. Hope they enjoy whatever bowl they go to. I doubt Navy will pass them in the rankings so I guess that means Cottonbowl, against either Wisc or Penn St. Of course if that happens and they win, people will probably just say see how bad Wisc or Penn St. really were they lost to a lowly Mac team.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a moot point, Navy is not who the "experts" thought they were. Congrats to WMU for their invite to the Cotton Bowl.
Quote Reply
Re: ROW THE BOAT [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

People should have learned the lesson about undefeated teams a long time ago.

In 2007, Boise State went undefeated and were awarded a spot in the Fiesta Bowl. People laughed and said they didn't beat any good teams and didn't deserve to be there. They played the 11-1 Big 12 Champions Oklahoma and beat them. It's still the best football (College or Pro) game I have ever seen.

It really was a great game. Statue of Liberty play to win the game, followed by a sideline marriage proposal. That was a fun, fun game.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: ROW THE BOAT [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
Its a moot point, Navy is not who the "experts" thought they were. .

Can't really say that. Navy's starting QB (who was a backup coming into the season) and starting running back were both on crutches early in the second quarter. Tough to say who they are based on this game.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Look at their schedule then come back and comment. It's not crappy.
Quote Reply