Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tiger is playing golf
Quote | Reply
I wish I didn't care, but I'm sure I'll be checking all day and through the weekend to see how he's doing. If he wasn't playing I wouldn't know there was a tournament.
Quote Reply
Re: Tiger is playing golf [go so slow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far bogey free and one shot off the lead.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Tiger is playing golf [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but when does he tee off?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An 18 person exhibition isn't really going to tell us much. He is good at golf. We know that.

The real question is whether his body can hold up to the amount of prep time it takes to get back to the very pointy end and then make it through 4 straight rounds multiple times without breaking again. Chronic back problems don't usually get better with age.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just watching on the Golf Channel at lunch. All they are showing is Tiger and Patrick Reed, his playing partner. Kuchar is in the lead but hasn't made an appearance on the TV. Combined with the (over)analysis of his swing by Brandell Chamblee, it was a little ridiculous.

But I'm glad to see him playing again.

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Tiger is playing golf [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ubdawg wrote:
H- wrote:
So far bogey free and one shot off the lead.

Yeah, but when does he tee off?

He's going for 18 holes? They must've brought in a triple-shift at Perkins

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
17th out of 18.

Suck it Justin Rose. You got Tigered!
Quote Reply
Re: Tiger is playing golf [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
An 18 person exhibition isn't really going to tell us much. He is good at golf. We know that.

The real question is whether his body can hold up to the amount of prep time it takes to get back to the very pointy end and then make it through 4 straight rounds multiple times without breaking again. Chronic back problems don't usually get better with age.

well, the last few times he played he wasn't good at golf, at least not compared to guys on the PGA tour. I agree with you that even if he does play well for awhile, that he still might not last physically, but the first step is playing well again.
Quote Reply
Re: Tiger is playing golf [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
65 today. Not to shabby. Whether you like him or hate him, shooting 65 in his second competitive round in 15 months is impressive. The weekend will be another test for him of being able to play four consecutive rounds. Glad to see he hit 3 wood on 18 today.
Quote Reply
Re: Tiger is playing golf [wdowe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i like me some Tiger and hope he gets back to being competitive. What gets me even more pumped is how much some of the other players are excited as well. Matt kuchar high fiving journalists saying "he's back". Rickie fowler super pumped to be playing with him tomorrow. I haven't watched much since he stopped playing, but pretty sure I'll be watching at some point this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Tiger is playing golf [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
i like me some Tiger and hope he gets back to being competitive. What gets me even more pumped is how much some of the other players are excited as well. Matt kuchar high fiving journalists saying "he's back". Rickie fowler super pumped to be playing with him tomorrow. I haven't watched much since he stopped playing, but pretty sure I'll be watching at some point this weekend.

Me too. I'm not a rabid fan boy but golf is better with tiger in it. Haters will bring up his moral compass, but that guy has had me sitting on the edge of my couch on a Sunday afternoon more than any other golfer!
Quote Reply
Re: Tiger is playing golf [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's 5 under for the day and now tied for third at eleven under for the tourney. Surpassing most all expectations I read.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply