Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
slowguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
Quote:

It's a GSA requirement that half of 1% of a buildings estimated cost be funded towards art- blame the GSA

That's moronic

It's probably basic human engineering. A certain amount of art or decoration in a building makes it feel habitable instead of stark and bleak.

But you have to appreciate the Statism of 1/2 of a percent must be spent on art.

I guess. I just view it as no different than X% must be budgeted for furniture, Y% for window blinds, Z% for landscaping, etc.

That may be for Government offices, but the large companies I have worked in have not operated that way. Most building have no art and simple design. Sure there may be some art in the executive suite.. Cubes are crammed in efficiently, certainly no beauty. Perhaps a plant or two and some outside landscaping. But with a bad economy, landscaping becomes doing the minimum and the plant watering service is cancelled. Is that how the government works? Perhaps we should sell all that art and put the money in the SS fund.
Quote Reply
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Find me someone today who thinks Palin is a competent - right or left.

Old Hickory

Ka BOOOM!

You really think she is competent? You must be willfully ignorant.

I imagine she is more competent then the press lets on.

However, when she left her office as Gov. of Alaska early to pursue tours, books etc, I knew I would never vote for her. I do know one Tea Party member and they still lover Palin so I expect she probably has draw to many millions of voters.
Quote Reply
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
Two weeks ago she was being talked up in
For Secretary of interior. I would rather have her in the VA than in charge of our national parks and federal lands

I think that most would rather have her in charge of nothing.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
TheForge wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Yes the va is fucked. But its silly to say obama sat around buying artwork for va hospitals.

Of course it is. But it doesn't make it any less fun to do it. He has done so much wrong and been such a force of civil society destruction that what does it matter if we blame him for something silly like this. If I caught cancer tomorrow I would blame him to.

Thats a good way to make people discount you when you have a legitimate point.

I've pointed that out to him a number of times before. It's why I rarely read his long-winded posts, you don't know if he is serious or just spewing hyperbolic bull shit.
Quote Reply
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Yes the va is fucked.

As a father of a soldier who has served 4 tours of war, I think the VA is fucked up. Obama didn't improve it. Bush didn't improve it. Hopefully, Trump will fix it.
Quote Reply
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should read my post in the how to keep your dog from barking. Very informative.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
I realize that nothing has happened yet, but the fact that her name is being considered for anything greater than GOP ball washer is surprising.

I bleed as Republican Red as anyone, and have voted for the GOP candidate in every election until 2016. I voted to McCain despite Palin. But be objective. She is one of the reasons McCain lost. He didn't even meet her until the day before she was announced- a tragic mistake.

She had to be taught basic history lessons about WWII, didn't understand what the Bush doctrine was, doesn't understand why California has a drought when it is a coastal state with all of that water near it, didn't know what the "Fed" was, etc, etc and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

She was bad for the GOP in 2008, hasn't gotten any better in the 8 years since, and needs to go away.

Not getting "wet pantied" over anything, but objectively she's a fucking idiot.

Her only problem was being selected by John McCain. That was John McCain's bad judgement and he lost because of it. Otherwise, she was a highly effective politician in Alaska and for Alaskans who really didn't care what she knew about WWII or California's drought.

I did admire how she pursued politics and grew into the roles she obtained throughout her political career. But I lost any respect for her when she quit the Governorship to follow the money.

But this thread is just silly.
Quote Reply
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Her only problem was being selected by John McCain. That was John McCain's bad judgement and he lost because of it. Otherwise, she was a highly effective politician in Alaska and for Alaskans who really didn't care what she knew about WWII or California's drought.
[/quote]
You obviously know nothing about Alaska. Palin rode a wave of dissatisfaction into the Governor's office, and proceeded to botch just about everything she handled. She gradually abrogated all responsibility and put unqualified friends and cronies in positions of power. And then she quit.

She is universally regarded as a joke in Alaska - one of the reddest states in the country.
Quote Reply
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.veteranstoday.com/...-with-hiv-hepatitis/

Not a Palin fan, but if she just sat at a desk doing nothing, it would probably be better than the way the fuck-sticks are running shit now.
Quote Reply
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

You obviously know nothing about Alaska. Palin rode a wave of dissatisfaction into the Governor's office, and proceeded to botch just about everything she handled. She gradually abrogated all responsibility and put unqualified friends and cronies in positions of power. And then she quit.

She is universally regarded as a joke in Alaska - one of the reddest states in the country.[/quote]
I know you can see Russia from Alaska. Does that count?
Quote Reply
Re: Well, the VA couldn't get more screwed up, could it? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
eb wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

She is universally regarded as a joke in Alaska - one of the reddest states in the country.

I know you can see Russia from Alaska. Does that count?
Fair enough! :-)

I would love to get out to that crazy rock, Little Diomede some day. I've been within 30 miles (Cape Wales on the mainland).

Quote Reply

Prev Next