Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wow, a whole team wiped out.
Quote | Reply
Truly sad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...bia-reports-say.html

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Last edited by: TheForge: Nov 29, 16 8:36
Quote Reply
Re: I predict that Brazil... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: I predict that Brazil... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Will not win the next world cup, or whatever league its team plays in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...bia-reports-say.html

While it's a pretty good bet that most any team won't win the world cup with maybe the exception of Germany, this crash shouldn't affect Brazil's' chances.

Pretty much all of their top players play outside of the Brazilian league, mostly in Europe. I doubt there were any Brazil national team players on that plane.
Quote Reply
Re: I predict that Brazil... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regardless of the World Cup, this is a pretty sad event
Quote Reply
Re: I predict that Brazil... [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

Of course, Forgie changed the original message which I replied to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

Of course, Forgie changed the original message which I replied to.

Even Forge realized that was a tasteless post, which is saying something.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: I predict that Brazil... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, even I realized I went to far almost after I posted it.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I missed the pre-edit post.
Quote Reply
Re: Wow, a whole team wiped out. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least the plane didn't crash in the Andes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar crash in Russia a few years ago took an entire KHL team, roster and coaching staff mainly guys who had previously played in the NHL. Truly sad news today indeed, especially seeing some of the photos on social media accounts that the players took on the plane earlier in the flight.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Wow, a whole team wiped out. [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I was going to add that to my initial post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I appreciated your OP, but I'm also from the school that it's rarely too soon for a crass joke about a tragedy. Exceptions are when there's a strong personal attachment.

I remember my dad telling this joke just after Tien An Mien:

Q: How are Tien An Mien square and the ocean alike?
A: They're both full of crustaceans.

(It only works orally.)
Quote Reply
Re: Wow, a whole team wiped out. [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Similar crash in Russia a few years ago took an entire KHL team, roster and coaching staff mainly guys who had previously played in the NHL. Truly sad news today indeed, especially seeing some of the photos on social media accounts that the players took on the plane earlier in the flight.
Also happened to one of the most recognizable soccer teams in the world in 1958. Look up the Busby Babes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Munich_air_disaster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busby_Babes
Quote Reply
Re: Wow, a whole team wiped out. [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Marshall. We are Marshall.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Truly unbelievable! The plane ran out of gas and 71 people died and how did this happen?

"The plane which crashed in Colombia, wiping out a Brazilian football team, was late taking off because crew had to search for one of the players' lost video games, it was revealed today.
The delayed departure meant a planned refuelling stop in Cobija, on the border between Brazil and Bolivia, was abandoned because the airport did not operate after midnight. "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3992020/Colombian-crash-plane-ditched-crucial-refuelling-stop-20-minutes-late-taking-crew-looking-player-s-video-game.html
Quote Reply
Re: Wow, a whole team wiped out. [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Truly unbelievable! The plane ran out of gas and 71 people died and how did this happen?

"The plane which crashed in Colombia, wiping out a Brazilian football team, was late taking off because crew had to search for one of the players' lost video games, it was revealed today.
The delayed departure meant a planned refuelling stop in Cobija, on the border between Brazil and Bolivia, was abandoned because the airport did not operate after midnight. "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3992020/Colombian-crash-plane-ditched-crucial-refuelling-stop-20-minutes-late-taking-crew-looking-player-s-video-game.html
Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.
Quote Reply
Re: Wow, a whole team wiped out. [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really when you consider the region.

Quote Reply