Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
What a jack ass statement. Your apology is accepted.

Sounds like my joking comment touched a nerve. Hmmm.

But if you want the apology, here it is: I'm sorry your so sensitive.
Last edited by: AlanShearer: Nov 30, 16 10:34
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well my apologies for not realizing it was meant as a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry. You're old as fuck. I should have known.
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [PaulR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many pundits call the 1981 Spanish Grand Prix as the greatest F1 race of all time. You could almost throw a blanket over the first five cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHY6wv0VlsU
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What have Vettel, Alonso, Prost, Senna, Schumacher all got in common.?.?

They're some of the best drivers that have ever lived. You can add Hamilton to that list as well.

And the other thing is that they would all have done what Lewis did. All of them. Bar none.

Because they're winners. They're racers. And they all do and have done what's needed to win.

As for Nico deserving to win the championship, I'm in two minds. The Malaysian GP really decided this championship. Lewis had that race won and his engine blew up. And yet Lewis has also had a couple of shoddy weekends whereas Nick has been ultra consistent, it had zero retirements due to reliability. Zero. Plus he didn't have to start at the back due to his engine either.

One thing is for sure, everything else being equal Lewis is by far the better driver.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My neighbor is somewhat of a fanatic and I ended up talking to him yesterday by chance. He was pretty excited about Max so I just had to look that ride up. The Brazil rainy one. Hot diggity damn! He drove past former World Champs like they were racing Formula Renaults against him. Fun to watch for sure. I may watch the season next year just to see how he mixes it up with the veterans like Lewis, Seb, Fernando, and now Nico.

I like the excitement of the old cars but they were also dangerous as heck so I don't miss my idols dying every few years.
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [HiKai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Rosberg announces his retirement after winning the championship.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38185846
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is quite a shock!! An open seat on the #1 team now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Mercedes' reaction is to be believed, Nico has fucked them over with the timing of this. The team didn't see it coming, and so it looks like they haven't got anyone lined up for next year to race alongside LH. And the vast majority of drivers - and all of the most wanted ones - will now have secured contracts to drive elsewhere next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wehrlein has been testing for Mercedes repeatedly, including this week when Lewis felt unwell after 2 laps of testing the new larger tires for 2017. And somehow, Wehrlein hasn't signed with anyone for next season, yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see Jeff Gordon is in the new Cadillac for 24 Hours at Daytona. He always wanted to drive F1.
Bit past his prime now though.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Possibly not the caliber they will be looking for with the strongest car in F1

Contracts can be broken or bought out

Or LH cruises to the number 1 position with the team

Button is free
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [triengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" And somehow, Wehrlein hasn't signed with anyone for next season, yet"

He might not have multi millions. This is an era where many formula one seats are bought by the highest bidder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alonso may have an out in his contract. Toto's wife/gf is test driver at Williams maybe he could put her in the car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Alonso may have an out in his contract."

Sat next to Alonso in a restaurant at the F1 weekend in Montreal several years ago and didn't even realize it until asking the waiter if any F1 drivers had been there to eat that weekend. The waiter then whispered in my ear "that's Alonso sitting at the table next to you". Many years ago I got Jackie Stewart's autograph and a photo taken with Dan Gurney, but that's about it for my personal contact with F1 drivers.
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Possibly not the caliber they will be looking for with the strongest car in F1

Contracts can be broken or bought out

Or LH cruises to the number 1 position with the team

Button is free

So is Niki Lauda!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PaulR wrote:
Alonso may have an out in his contract. Toto's wife/gf is test driver at Williams maybe he could put her in the car.

It would be nice to see him in a competitive car again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shit.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He doesn't have millions.
Likely won't need them though, he's in the Manor right now because Mercedes, more specifically Toto Wolf, put him there as part of Manor getting cheaper Mercedes engines this year. Wehrlein won the DTM championship in 2015 for Mercedes. So Mercedes has been supporting him for a few years. Plus, Wehrlein took over for Hamilton this week in Abu Dhabi at the Pirelli tests when Hamilton suddenly felt unwell after two laps.
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [triengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"He doesn't have millions."

I miss the old days when most of these guys didn't buy their rides but actually earned them. Been following F1 since I was about 12 yrs old in the 1960's. Hasn't been the same for several years. You're now seeing that as the fan base is dropping off and most of the Asian countries aren't extending contracts. They have to turn it around. Fuck Bernie. He's an asshole, albeit a very rich one. .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like F1 contracts aren't I typically ironclad on either side - always appears to be an out. I'd bet on either Alonso or Vettel getting that seat. I can't see them putting a newbie in the best drive in Formula 1.
Quote Reply
Re: Formula 1 Champion -Nico ! [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to see Alonso get it because he hasn't had a decent ride since Ferrari. But as I've alluded to on this thread, its less about the drivers nowadays. Watch my youtube on the 1981 Spanish GP. I hope next year rules change start to turn it around because F1 has become too much of a parade.
Quote Reply

Prev Next