Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Goggles help
Quote | Reply
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have a very small face and head. I have been long time user of hydrobat barracuda goggles.

Maybe my face shrunk in my old age IDK, but lately I have to sinch my newish pair pretty tight and I'm getting headaches afterwards.

I was rhinking of using a swim mask, but they look super geeky. Are there any out there that look sorta normal?
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles help [caffeinator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try TYR Racetech. They fit well for small heads/faces.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're a guy, women's goggles will be narrower.
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles help [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a girl, maybe I should try kid's goggles?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also a girl(okay,I'm forty...something.)-I wear aquasphere Kayennes.They have a "lady" version and a small version.I have tried almost every other kind but I keep coming back to them.I also have some kids speedos that I like (and they were only $8 or so) -they do fit my small head but fog more easily.Check out the Kayennes!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Arena Cobra goggles are getting popular... several nose pieces to swap out. Low profile.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're within driving distance to a physical swim or tri shop, go over there and ask to go through their sample box of goggles. (Any shop catering to swimmers should have the box or equivalent) A pair fits properly when you can gently but firmly press the eye cups around your eyes and briefly get a decent seal without putting the head strap on.
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles help [Mrnchk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mrnchk wrote:
I am also a girl(okay,I'm forty...something.)-I wear aquasphere Kayennes.They have a "lady" version and a small version.I have tried almost every other kind but I keep coming back to them.I also have some kids speedos that I like (and they were only $8 or so) -they do fit my small head but fog more easily.Check out the Kayennes!!

Similar question. I have a narrow face and when I get down in weight, I have kind of recessed eyes.

I usually wear the Kayennes Smalls, but when I'm lean they seriously dig into by face and don't seal as well.

Have you, or anybody with this type of face shape tried the Roka F1?

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched to the newest Aquasphere models and it's been nothing but great. I too had a hard time finding the right goggles to swim with. I think these were my 12th brand/model and I'm extremely happy.

Aquasphere Xceed

I've tried every Roka model, several TYR models, the K180 and kaynnes (best fitting) as well as a few pair of speedos.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles help [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I had to send them back.And I wanted to like them so much!FWIW right now am swimming in a pair of kids aquasphere Michael Phelps race goggles that are like $12 and they have been super durable-better than Kayenne.
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles help [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Xceed look pretty large. Do you have deeper eye sockets?

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't find any kids version of the MP. Are you talking about the K180?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a double whammy ... Deep eye sockets and a small head. They come with 3 different bridges and I've found the silicone seal to be "suction cup" like. I rarely get any water in these and I've swam roughly 130km in them now.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes-women's k180. Just checked my amazon order.So far I have been swimming with these since Dec and no leaking(usually happens with the kayennes after a couple months).Very happy with these!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll try both and see which one works best.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swedish?
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles help [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used TYR RaceTech for years. Switched to TYR nest pro and they are absolutely awesome. Very comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Roka's are nice but you might find them tight. I tried the MP but the straps broke on the first swim, so i can't give any feedback. I am back to using the TYR Nest Pro. The seem like tried and true and i have a hard time getting googles not to leak. I believe they make a smaller version the Nest Pro Nano. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles help [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PushThePace wrote:
I switched to the newest Aquasphere models and it's been nothing but great. I too had a hard time finding the right goggles to swim with. I think these were my 12th brand/model and I'm extremely happy.

Aquasphere Xceed

I've tried every Roka model, several TYR models, the K180 and kaynnes (best fitting) as well as a few pair of speedos.

Those look nice. I currently use the aqua sphere vista mode. I cannot find a pair of regular goggles to fit my face well and not leak. The vistas are what work for me, but I do feel somewhat dorky wearing more of a mask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Speedo Vanquisher Jr. (and regular) are probably the best selling goggles in the world. I bet they would work for you:
https://www.swimoutlet.com/...gle-(ages-8+)-17244/

You can also try them on in the store, as they are sold in tons of places.

Also, you shouldn't need to pull tight the cord on ANY goggles for them to fit right. Once you get a good fit, the eye cups should stick without even needing a strap! Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Followup: I ordered both the XCEED and the K180 and ended up going with the K180. The XCEED fit my eyes very much like the Kayenne.

Quote Reply