Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tankless water heaters [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
The issue with an electric is how immediate and how hot. The electric will be slow to heat the water to hot and will not get as hot. But those may not matter.

That's not my experience with the one I use at work. It comes out as instant lobster boil. My problem with it is there's about 1.2 degrees of handle rotation between Arctic ocean and lobster boil.
Quote Reply
Re: Tankless water heaters [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
The issue with an electric is how immediate and how hot. The electric will be slow to heat the water to hot and will not get as hot. But those may not matter.

That's not my experience with the one I use at work. It comes out as instant lobster boil. My problem with it is there's about 1.2 degrees of handle rotation between Arctic ocean and lobster boil.

You need a mixing valve at the tank to eliminate this.
Quote Reply
Re: Tankless water heaters [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a gas-fired Rheem unit outside of my home for about ten years now and it's still going strong. It does an excellent job of providing hot water. One thing to note: these units need to be serviced/cleaned annually otherwise you risk gumming them up. I only recently found this out. Cleaning them is super easy. On mine there's two service valves. Simply turn the valves on the inlet and outlet to isolate the unit, open the top service valve, pour in cleaner (I forget what it was exactly), let it sit for about an hour, open the lower service valve to drain it, open the inlet valve to flush it, and finally close the the upper and lower service valves and open the outlet. Easy peasy.
Quote Reply
Re: Tankless water heaters [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
trail wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

You need a mixing valve at the tank to eliminate this.

Or tell them to turn the temp down on the water e
Heater' we kp,ours at 115, so it is just right when cranked all the way open in the shower or for dishes.

Ben
Quote Reply

Prev Next