Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The All-New Cervelo S5 [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But the fork is the same for aero and weight at the S3 per Damon. One went through a lot of fancy computer design (S3) one went a lot less fancy. Both went to the tunnel and a scale, turns out they are equal for both metrics.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: The All-New Cervelo S5 [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here's a 'test' of some of the current aero road bikes, certainly not a complete test as there are many brands omitted and testing methodology is up for some debate:

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/...ually-fastest-326667

"...I try not to ever ride as slow as 20mph. ;) ... And even more than that, I don't race with a speedometer. My computer is set up to show Power // Cadence // Time. I don't actually ever know how fast I'm going. I only know that if I'm in 53/11, and it takes more than 100rpm to hit my target watts, it's time to coast." - Jordan Rapp on '09 IMC
Quote Reply
Re: The All-New Cervelo S5 [cwg_at_opc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That doesn't quite jibe with the 2016 Tour Magazine test. But who knows what the difference in setups were. (Cue a thread on test protocol transparency). I guess the Madone 9.9 is likely fast given that it "won" both tests, but too much complexity for me.

And I'm suddenly defensive and biased because I just threw down a hefty sum on an S5 frameset.

Last edited by: trail: Apr 24, 17 19:26
Quote Reply
Re: The All-New Cervelo S5 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i know, right? give me a tunnel test of _all_ the bikes listed in the tour test(wait, did Tour use a tunnel?)
and just because they used a powermeter, that supposedly makes it 'accurate'...

(i'm still slogging about on an S1, so i feel you)

"...I try not to ever ride as slow as 20mph. ;) ... And even more than that, I don't race with a speedometer. My computer is set up to show Power // Cadence // Time. I don't actually ever know how fast I'm going. I only know that if I'm in 53/11, and it takes more than 100rpm to hit my target watts, it's time to coast." - Jordan Rapp on '09 IMC
Quote Reply

Prev Next