Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Healthy slow cooker recipes for a starving athlete [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. I'm going to try that out.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy slow cooker recipes for a starving athlete [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are two Company's Coming cookbooks I highly recommend - Slow Cooker Dinners and Healthy Slow Cooker. Both have easy and good recipes.

The slow cooker is also awesome for a hot, easy breakfast. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup steel cut oats and 1 cup water. Put 1-2 inches of water in the slow cooker and then place the bowl with the oats in the water, the water should be a bit below the lip of the oat bowl. **Very important** put a piece of foil between the oat bowl and the slow cooker bowl so no air pockets form. This saved me for super early swims - oatmeal was the only thing I could eat pre-workout but making it at 5am was a pain.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy slow cooker recipes for a starving athlete [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can't screw it up!

Re: Healthy slow cooker recipes for a starving athlete [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alibabwa wrote:
There are two Company's Coming cookbooks I highly recommend - Slow Cooker Dinners and Healthy Slow Cooker. Both have easy and good recipes.

You're going to have to be more specific, perhaps a link. There are about 10 variations of cook books with those titles on Amazon. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy slow cooker recipes for a starving athlete [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Healthy Slow Cooker Dinners - http://www.companyscoming.com/...y-slow-cooker-detail

Slow Cooker Dinners - http://www.companyscoming.com/...ooker-dinners-detail

The Parmesan Chicken and Lemon Chicken in the latter are great. The ratatouille is almost too much volume for my slow cooker and can feed me lunch and dinner for a week. I'm bored of it at the end of the week but I haven't had to cook!
I'm working my way through Healthy Slow Cooker Dinners and liking what I've tried so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy slow cooker recipes for a starving athlete [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
last tri in 83 wrote:
Take a tri tip or pork loin, season, add green peppers, onions, garlic, wrap in foil. Cook all day. Shed. mmmm tacos or sandwiches.

To be clear, foil packet of meat and veggies goes in the crock? Never heard of thAt before.

I made that yesterday and added half a root beer for liquid before I heard back that no liquid was needed. Came out great. Would do it again but with no liquid or half a dark beer if I had some around. Will be eating tacos for a while and adding some bbq sauce for pulled pork sandos tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy slow cooker recipes for a starving athlete [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All good, you can't screw it up.

Re: Healthy slow cooker recipes for a starving athlete [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
You can't screw it up!

Well, we will see. I have one in the crock right now. Went in at around 10:00 am on low. Plan to eat around 7:00 after bball practice. Smells terrific.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i made this the other day. so good. you can skip the peas or other stuff, just not the spices. i added butternut squash and used thighs. serve over rice.

http://thelemonbowl.com/...r-chicken-curry.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try this next

A couple pounds of pork loin cut into 1" squares. You can brown them first or just cook them as is.

Half of an onion

1 green bell pepper

A couple of fresh mild green chiles

I large jar if mild or medium green salsa

Salt/Pepper

Cook all day in the crock pot. Lazy mans Chile Verde.

If you only do the pork and green salsa it comes out fine. Better to add some peppers and onions.

*** If you really get lazy, skip cutting up the meat. If cooked long enough it wall fall apart, anyway.

Last edited by: last tri in 83: Dec 13, 16 13:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best thing we did in our house was replace our slow cooker with an instantpot.

It puts most other kitchen gadgets to shame.
Quote Reply

Prev Next